Every bride I talk to about this seems to be different. Some brides will wear both their engagement ring and wedding band all the time, and some will mostly only wear their wedding band. I’m somewhere in between, wearing my wedding band all the time and my engagement ring when I go out.
That’s why it was so interesting to read this recent Reddit thread asking women about how they wear their engagement/wedding rings (or don’t wear them). I’m surprised to see how many women don’t want to wear either!
Which camp do you fall into? How do you wear yours? Let us know in the comments section, below!
1. I don’t wear mine a lot because rings are annoying. Also, my rings are expensive and wearing them around makes me nervous.-sexrockandroll
2. I find it really annoying to use a keyboard with a ring on, and I write software for a living and spend a good 40-60% of my awake time at home at a computer. I do wear it on date nights, parties, and the like, but most of the time it just stays in my jewelry drawer.-IncompotentCyborg
3. I garden a lot so always have my hands in dirt, plus rings annoy me. I only wear them when I am really dressing up- really just got out of the habit I guess.-gooberfaced
4. Because I have a problem with the engagement ring tradition. I’m still not happy my SO got me one, though I understand why he did. Also, rings are obnoxious to me. I don’t like the way the feel. Especially when I had to wash dishes. Mostly, my relationship is my business. I don’t care what the world thinks of it, I don’t want to call attention to it, and putting a ring on my finger invites unwanted comments, concerns or questions. I suddenly am no longer my own person or am burdened by “another child.” I’m not traditional and my relationship isn’t. Adding a traditional element while rejecting others seems to confuse people so this makes me feel more sane.-Libida
5. I dislike jewelry, the ring is an heirloom and I’m afraid of losing it, and shortly after we married I spent a year working a job where you can’t wear one. So I just don’t anymore.-waitwhat00
6. …I wear it most of the time but I take my ring off at work because I’m a physiotherapist and I also take it off when I workout.-TheMrsChan
7. I’m common law, not married, but I won’t wear a ring when I get married because I’m not into jewelry, especially rings. Simple as that.-No_regrats
8. Because I’ve never worn jewelry in my life and have no desire to start.-thunderling
9. Just wear my wedding band but not my engagement ring as a set as it’s too bulky-p_e_a_c_h_p_i_e23
10. Mine are slightly too big now so they could slip off or get turned around and I’m afraid I’d damage or lose them. I do wear them sometimes though… but I also spend my time doing activities with my toddler/preschooler and that often includes playing in dirt or building something and rings just get in the way.-PinkleopardPJ
11. I’ve never liked wearing them. I thought I might be able to get used to it after awhile, but no.-darkironqueen
12. I like wearing mine but I work remotely so I’m always home. We also lift weights and hit the gym most days so I don’t want to wear them for that. I put them on for the weekend.-hananah_bananana
13. I got out of the habit during my second pregnancy because I swelled so bad. My husband teases me and I just say, “Yeah, honey. Because every guy who sees me says, ‘damn, I want that fat, exhausted looking mom hauling those 2 little kids around. No ring!-ScimitarJane