700 E Grand Ave,
Chicago, IL 60611
View their website
Average Base Cost: $30,000
Our average base cost for a Crystal Gardens Navy Pier wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for a Saturday night ceremony/reception using a food and upgraded beverage cost of $160/pp as well as the additional costs included below. Entertainment, flowers, furniture, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax is included.
*Prices subject to change
How Crystal Gardens Navy Pier breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: There is no rental fee, but there is a Food and Beverage Minimum based on guest count, listed below.
What’s Included: All standard tables, chairs, white linen, chair covers and chair ties are included.
Need wedding planning help? Our wedding e-book will teach you everything you need to know!
- Ceremony Fee: $1,250 includes chairs as well as set up and breakdown, Crystal Gardens security and sound system.
- Ceremony Assistance Fee: $125 includes bridal party assistance and guidance for ceremony
- Security: $225 per security officer for a five (5) hour event. Each additional hour, $30 per hour
- Dance Floor: the standard size dance floor 21‘x21‘ is $550. Additional dimensions are available and priced accordingly
- Electrical Costs: Circuits for electrical hook-ups are available for $100 each. Most orchestras utilize between three to four circuits, while most DJ’s utilize one to two circuits
- Risers: 6’ x 8’ elevated risers can be rented for $110 each to create an appropriate sized stage for your event
- Coat Check: Available upon request. Each checked item is $2 (Minimum 100 items)
- Parking passes and signage are also available at an additional cost.
Vendors: Outside vendors are allowed except for catering
Food/Beverage: A partial garden event (groups under 200) have a Food and Beverage Minimum of $20,000 on a Saturday.
Package prices are as follows:
Package price is based on entree selection and does not include sales tax or gratuity. Up to three entrees may be selected:
- Poultry – $138 pp
- Short Ribs – $144 pp
- Seafood – $144 pp
- Beef – $149 pp
- Vegetarian – $133 pp
- Duet – $149 pp
The Standard Wedding Package Includes:
- One hour Cocktail Reception featuring four passed hors d’oeuvres
- China and glass place settings for each guest
- Tables & chairs, white linens, and chair covers
- Cloth chair covers upgrade: Chavari chairs + $5pp
- Selection of Entree, Salad, Vegetable and Starch
- Gourmet artisan bread basket on each table
- 5 hour call bar package
- Red and white wine wervice during dinner
- Champagne toast
- Coffee & tea service
Upgrades are available upon request. Bar package upgrades, for example, range from an addition $6.50-$15/pp.
More Crystal Gardens Navy Pier Stats:
Space Type: The majority of the space is inside. However, there are two outdoor balconies for events.
Size: A partial garden event can accommodate up to 275 guests for cocktails, sit-down dinner and dancing. It can accommodate up to 500 guests for a cocktail reception. These capacities are based on two‐third Garden occupancy. The full Crystal Gardens can accommodate up to 600 guests with a stage and dance floor for a sit-down dinner and up to 1,500 guests for a cocktail reception with limited seating. Note that with a partial garden event, the other portion of the venue will be open to the public (though they will not be allowed in your area, obvs). Your reserved area will be sectioned off with six-foot black screens giving the appearance of black garden trellising.
Bridal Suite: Yes
Parking: Yes, there are two parking garages on Navy Pier. All parking is handled through standard parking.
How Will Grandma Get There? There are several beautiful lakefront hotels in the vicinity. Nearby options include The W, Embassy Suites and Sheraton hotels
Party On! Events can go until 1 a.m.
The Crystal Gardens Navy Pier Report:
The Crystal Gardens, operated by Phil Stefani Signature Restaurants, is an indoor, one‐acre, botanical garden located on Chicago’s Navy Pier. The venue features a six‐story glass atrium with 50 foot arched ceilings that hold over 80 live palm trees, lush foliage, hanging ‘twinkle lights’ and dancing ‘leapfrog’ fountains. Saturdays in the summer also offer couples and their wedding guests the chance to view the fireworks on the Navy Pier.
Woman Getting Married Says:
You had me at “no venue rental fee” (though the ceremony fee does technically count as one, I guess). I would recommend using the entire garden vs. partial, as some brides have mentioned that booking half of it takes a bit of the appeal away. Also, since the other half is open to the public, there is a chance for some noise from non-wedding guests. While I think the raw space of the garden is stunning, I do think it would benefit from additional decor and great wedding tables and chairs (I think the acrylic ghost chairs would be fun here) to lend some sort of theme.
Click here to learn more about my wedding venue review process.
Discover more wedding venues here, or ask about our custom wedding venue search.
Read our other Illinois and Chicago Wedding vendors and venue reviews:
Chicago Wedding Venues That Every Couple Should Visit
These Are the Top Chicago Wedding Planners
The Top 5 Bridal Boutiques in Illinois
Top Chicago Wedding Photographers
The Top Chicago Wedding Florists
Walden in Chicago
The Woman’s Club of Evanston
Prairie Production in Chicago
Chicago History Museum
The Newberry Library
Loyola University Chicago
Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
The Field Museum of Chicago
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
We highly recommend the Crystal Gardens. Thanks for featuring our photos and the credits too.