1702 Chicago Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
View their Website
Average Base Cost: $20,000
Average base cost for a Woman’s Club of Evanston wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for an in-season Saturday using an average $80/pp food/beverage catering cost. Transportation to venue, entertainment, additional rentals, decorations, DJ, and photography are not included. Average price includes gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
*Prices subject to change
**Need wedding planning advice? Get a 30-minute Zoom wedding planning session with me! Find out how.**
How it Breaks Down
Facility Rental Fee:
- Saturday in season (May – October): $5,000 for 5 hours ($1,000 hourly rate)
- Friday/Sunday in season (May – October): $4,500 for 5 hours ($900 hourly rate)
- Weekend out of season: $4,000 for 5 hours ($800 hourly rate)
Additional Costs: The rental is a five hour rental of the site with the option to add additional time at $500 an hour.
Food and Beverage: You may choose your own caterer from their broad list of preferred caterers. You can also purchase your own alcoholic beverages with no corkage fees and unopened bottles can usually be returned to the vendor. All beverages must be served by the licensed caterer.
Rental of the Whole Clubhouse includes:
• The central foyer on the first and second floors
• The first floor Member’s Room – (can be used as a bridal suite)
• First floor 45’ x 38’ Tea Room for a cocktail reception
• The adjacent first floor 42’ x 22’ maple hardwood Music Room separated from the Tea Room by French doors – suitable for dancing and equipped with a pull-down screen for video presentations
• First floor year-round glass enclosed Sun Porch adjacent to the Tea Room
• The second floor 70’ x 42’ Grand Ballroom, equipped with a full stage –(can be used for band set-up and presentations)
• Large drop-down screen from above the stage for video presentations
• The second floor year-round glass enclosed Sun Porch adjacent to the Grand Ballroom
The Woman’s Club of Evanston provides a number of important pieces of equipment needed to host your event. The use of the following Clubhouse dinnerware and equipment is included in the Usage Fee:
• 250 White China 5-Piece Place Settings
• 250 Flatware Sets
• 250 Water Glasses
• 25 Salt & Pepper Shakers
• 25 Sugars & Creamers
• 25 Bread Baskets
• 25 60″ Round Tables
• 14 6’ x 30″ Rectangular Banquet Tables
• 1 8’ Rectangular Banquet Table
• 7 Highboy Tables
• 1 36″ Round Cake Table on Wheels
• 30 30″ x 30″ Folding Card Tables
• 150 Bentwood Chairs for first floor use
• 250 White Wooded Folding Chairs for second floor use (white chairs may be moved to the first floor at a cost of $2/chair)
• Baby Grand Piano, located in the first floor Music Room
• Grand Piano, located on the second floor
• Microphone, Podium & Speaker System available on first and second floors
• Presentation Screens on first and second floors for video presentations
• Projector for use with presentation screens
• Antique Couches, Chairs and Tables throughout the Clubhouse
Extras: Security for events is required and the venue can recommend various firms for this service. The fee tends to be around $30 per hour. If you would like to have your event extend longer than 5 hours you can also add on time at the hourly rate.
Wedding Venue Review: The Prado at Balboa Park
Space Type: Primarily inside, though there is a small outdoor bridal garden that can work well for photos. The venue is also two blocks from views of Lake Michigan. While there is no typical setup, couples often use the first floor for a cocktail hour and the second floor for a reception.
Size: Capacity for a seated wedding reception with a dance floor is 230. Without a dance floor the venue can accommodate 250.
Bridal Suite: Yes
Parking: The venue has a small parking lot that can accommodate about 10 cars for vendors and staff. There is a large parking structure across the street from the venue that is about $1 per hour to park there and you pay when you leave.
Food Service Type: Depends on caterer
How Will Grandma Get There? The Woman’s Club of Evanston is located near Northwestern University in Evanston. It is 15 miles from O’Hare Airport and is a short drive away from several hotels and upscale inn’s, including Stone Porch by the Lake. Downtown Chicago is about 30-40 minutes from the venue.
Party On! Events must end by 11:30pm but you and your vendors have one hour to clean up after the event end time.
Designed by architect Ernest Mayo and listed in the National Register of Historic Places, The Woman’s Club of Evanston Clubhouse was built in 1912 but has a history in Evanston that dates back to the late 1800s. Having recently completed a five year restoration project, the venue features classic architecture that includes a black and white marble entrance hall and double staircase leading to the Grand Ballroom, which can be used for dinner and dancing. On the first floor, the Tea Room with features chandeliers and leads to the Music Room and Sun Porch, which are often used for cocktail hour.
Woman Getting Married Says
This is a great budget-friendly wedding venue option if you are looking for something that feels intimate yet can still accommodate a large guest list. The fact that you can bring in your own alcohol is a huge plus in our book, and it’s location is easy enough for out-of-town guests to still explore downtown Chicago while staying close to the venue (or vice versa). Plus, the only thing you really have to bring in are flowers, candles, and some uplighting and you’re set.
Read Our Other Illinois and Chicago Wedding Content:
These are the Best Wedding Venues in Chicago
Our 5 Favorite Chicago Bridal Boutiques
The Best Chicago Wedding Photographers
Top Chicago Wedding DJs and Bands
The Best Illinois Wedding Planners
Top Chicago Wedding Florists
The Best Chicago Wedding Videographers
These Are the Top Chicago Wedding Planners
Top Chicago Wedding Hair and Makeup
The Best Chicago Rental Companies
Top Chicago Wedding Caterers