Average Base Cost: $30,000Our average base cost for a Field Museum wedding is calculated by figuring a 150-person guest list for a Saturday ceremony/reception using Stanley Field Hall and a food/beverage price of $150/pp (including open bar, food, and furniture rentals). We did not include the optional outside space. Entertainment, flowers, furniture, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax is included. *Prices subject to change [mappress mapid=”141″]
How The Field Museum breaks down:Facility Rental Fee: There are several venue spaces available at The Field Museum, which include Stanley Field Hall and the East Atrium Pavilion. Note: These fees are based on peak dates. Reach out to the Field Museum for customized pricing.
- Stanley Field Hall is $17,000 for 6 hours, with each additional hour at $3,000. The addition of an outdoor space is available at a flat fee of $3,000. Stanley Field Hall includes 2 levels of reception and dining space as well as access to the Museum’s T-Rex. Additionally, guests may tour galleries on both levels of the museum, with views of the downtown skyline and Lake Michigan.
- The East Atrium Pavilion is $14,000 for 6 hours, with each additional hour at $3,000. The addition of an outdoor space is available at a flat fee of $3,000. The East Atrium Pavilion rental includes access to the “Inside Ancient Egypt” exhibit, which is home to 23 mummies and additional artifacts from Ancient Egypt.
- Religious ceremonies are OK. There is no ceremony fee if you are hosting a reception at the venue.
What’s Included: Usage fee for both Field Museum spaces includes coat check (if needed), museum security, housekeeping, support staff and electrician.
Vendors: The Field Museum works with a list of preferred and exclusive vendors. Clients can select one of three caterers, which will provide all food and beverage service, including equipment and linens. The floral and décor list has four companies to select from, and for lighting the venue works exclusively with Frost Lighting. Food and Beverage: The museum estimates a cost of $150/pp (for 250 guests) which includes catering, open bar for 6 hours and furniture.
More Field Museum Stats:Space Type: Inside/Outside Size:
- Stanley Field Hall accommodates 1,500 for a seated dinner and 7,500 for a reception.
- The East Atrium & Pavilion will provide reception space for up to 400 guests and full dinner seating for up to 250.
The Field Museum Report:
The Field Museum of Natural History is one of the largest in the world. The Museum received it’s name in 1905 after one of it’s main benefactors, Marshall Field (though from 1943-1966 it was known as the Chicago Natural History Museum). Permanent exhibits include the Grainger Hall of Gems and Mammals of Africa and Asia. Fun fact: You might recognize the Main Hall from one of my favorite John Hugh’s movies, She’s Having a Baby. 🙂 Watch it below!