DIY wedding ideas can feel overwhelming, but they don’t have to be! We’ll be honest, we are NOT big on DIY, but even these fun projects seem within our grasp! 🙂
Check out a few of our favorite DIY wedding ideas below, along with links to how you can make them a reality. Let us know which ones you’re planning to do at your wedding in the comments section.
1. S’mores are one of our all-time favorite desserts for any wedding…whether at a rustic barn wedding or indoor elegant affair (with safe fire alternatives). Check out this indoor S’mores DIY here.
2. A DIY beer bar using kegs is a fun and inexpensive beverage alternative for a rehearsal dinner or outdoor wedding reception. This DIY will help you build your own wedding bar in no time.
3. Romantic, sweet, and even funny wedding signs are a great way to personalize your wedding ceremony and reception.
4. You don’t need a fancy photo booth to keep guests entertained at your wedding. You can create your own backdrop and get funny props for guests to play around with. A single-use camera like this one let’s guests snap away for one-of-a-kind shots that you’ll get to keep forever.
5. You don’t have to go overboard when it comes to your escort cards. Folded cards that you write yourself look way fancier when you arrange them in a creative design.
6. Photo wedding table runners will add a special touch to your wedding reception. This easy DIY is a fun project to do with your family and friends ahead of time.
7. Wedding arches can add a TON of personality to your ceremony. To DIY this look you can purchase pre-drilled birch poles on a site like Etsy, then decorate them with flowers or ribbon to match your wedding style.
8. Want your escort cards to also double as wedding favors? These succulents can be purchased at your local garden store or Home Depot.
9. Looking for DIY wedding ideas you’ll remember forever? Have each guest sign a wine bottle that you’ll open the night of your 1st-10th anniversary or more depending on how many guests are coming. Purchase an instant download of a wine label on a site like Etsy that you can edit for a fun DIY project.
10. Pine cones are, in all seriousness, one of the best FREE wedding decorations you’ll find. Collect them around your neighborhood or if you can’t find any, sites like Save on Crafts have a ton.
11. Have guests sign a wooden bench as a great wedding guestbook alternative that will become an heirloom you’ll pass down from generation to generation. Wouldn’t it be cool if your children used it at their wedding, too? We love this handmade wooden bench.
12. Driftwood and other reclaimed wood pieces (available at local salvage yards or barns…call a few first and see what they offer!) make for perfect seating cards and reception centerpieces. We also love them for his/her wedding chair signs when adorned with gorgeous calligraphy (as pictured at the top of the post!)
13. A DIY candy bar is beyond fun for a wedding shower or reception.
14. These red lip foil balloons can be purchased on Amazon and make a great alternative to flower centerpieces. They’re so funky and fun!
While we only link to products and services we think you will love, some of the links on our site are monetized. If you click on the link and make a purchase we may receive a commission, which helps us keep bringing great content to you! All opinions are our own.