Average Base Cost: $19,000
Average base cost for a Donovan Pavilion wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list on a Saturday evening in Peak Season using $80/pp for food and beverage (since you can BYOB) for 8 hours, including “alcohol security” as listed below. Entertainment, additional decorations and rentals, DJ, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Tax and gratuity is included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee:
PEAK SEASON FEES: (January 1 – April 19th; November 16th – December 30th, May 18th – October 25th)
- 8 Hour Booking (Fri-Sun) $5,245
- 6 Hour Booking (Mon-Th) $3,685
OFF-SEASON FEES: (October 26th – November 15th, April 20th – May 17th)
- 8 Hour Booking (Fri-Sun) $4,400
- 6 Hour Booking (Mon-Th) $3,085
- Alcohol Security* $50/HR
- Additional Event Hours** $35/HR
NOTE: Additional fees are evaluated for each event and included in the contract.
*Applies to each alcohol is per hour alcohol is served.
**Applies to each additional two-hour block for staffing. Additional hours may be purchased in two hour blocks for $500 per two hour block.
- Use of the facility for the allotted time period.
- Use of tables and chairs.
- Full catering kitchen.
- State-of-the-art sound system.
- Facility Cleaning (up to 4 hours). Additional cleaning fees may apply.
Their included inventory breaks down as follows:
- 20 (6 ft. diameter) round tables
- 20 (8 ft.) rectangle tables
- 20 (30in in diameter) cocktail tables
- 250 brushed chrome fabric covered chairs
- 90 natural wood patio chairs
- Flat Screen TV
- Portable microphone
- Two easels
- Five-disk CD/DVD player
- In-house sound system for background music & announcements
- Three-door commercial refrigerator
- Commercial ice maker
- Alto Sham
- Six-burner commercial gas range
- Commercial gas oven
- Three-compartment sink with sprayer
- Commercial microwave oven
- Portable beverage service bar
- Built-in coffee makers and filters
- Two 18” x 24” prep tables
- One 90” x 24” prep table
- Gas fire pit for seasonal use
- Heated concrete patio able to accommodate tent coverage in winter months
Food/Beverage: You may bring in your own caterer and vendors as long as they have a license. No self-catering is allowed for groups larger than 60 people. You must also purchase your own alcohol as required by the state of Colorado (which is a huge plus in my book!). Drinks must be served by a TIPS-certified bartender.
Space Type: Inside/Outside. Note that the back patio is exclusive to your reception, however the grass area out front is part of Donovan Park, a public park.
Is there a rain-plan? Yes
Size: Up to 200 guests can be accommodated in the Pavilion. Another 100 guests can be seated on the 3,000 square foot terrace overlooking Gore Creek.
Bridal Suite: No
Parking: Yes (free)
How Will Grandma Get There? Donovan Pavilion is only a couple of miles away from downtown Vail, and is minutes away from a ton of great hotel options such as The Vail Cascade Resort and Spa and the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort.
Party On! The Pavilion doors must remain closed after 10pm. and events must end by midnight.
Surrounded by 50 acres of public park space, the Donovan Pavilion was built in 2003 and is a popular event venue between Gore Creek and the South Frontage Road near West Vail. With tall windows and arched ceilings, the space has an inside area (the Pavilion) as well as a back patio area for ceremonies and cocktails.
Woman Getting Married Says:
This is one of those spaces that you can choose to do very little with, decor-wise, or up the ante a bit and really create that luxury lodge/ski resort vibe. I would go somewhere in between: I think some amber uplighting and lots of glowing candles can really transform the already pretty Pavillion, and lots of flowers and/or potted trees can make that back patio REALLY lush. I would go with a smaller guest list for this venue (under 125) so you can keep that intimate feel without being too cramped on the patio. While the venue rental fee adds up, being able to bring in your own caterers AND buy your own alcohol is a huge plus for your budget. It’s also great to be able to have useable inside/outside space that can be tented for use all-year long.
Looking for something different? Discover more wedding venues here!