212-505-9100 View their website
Average Base Cost: $78,000
Average base cost for a Bowery Hotel wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for a Saturday night ceremony plus 5 hour reception using their $60,000 pre-tax minimum. Transportation to venue, entertainment, decorations, and flowers are not included. Average price includes food and beverage, chairs, linens, gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: The fees for a Bowery Hotel wedding break down as follows:
Room Rental: $10,000
5-Hour Food and Beverage Package:
- Guarantee of 125 guests: $300/ per person
- Guarantee of 150 guests: $290/ per person
- Guarantee of 175 guests: $280/ per person
Note: Family-style service is also available for an additional $15/pp. Revenue minimum must meet $60,000 before tax for any Saturday night booking.
- Ceremony Fee: $15/ per person
- On-site production manager and base production package: $800 starting fee
- 20% administrative fee and 8.875% sales tax added to all charges
- Exclusive use of the Bowery Terrace, 2nd floor event space
- Ceremony space available on site
- Five hour reception
- One hour of passed hors d’oeuvres, eight selections
- Seated dinner to include one starter and a choice of main course
- A selection of three mini desserts to be passed or set at a station
- Client is permitted to bring a cake from off-site. No plating fee will be charged.
- Five hour top shelf open bar to include sparkling wine and specialty cocktails
- Dedicated on site event coordinator
- Manager, captains, servers, bartenders, drink stewards, bussers, coat check and security
- Ivory cotton linens & dinner napkins
- On-site production manager to coordinate with your Band or DJ
- In-house sound system with wireless microphone and DJ equipment
- Banquet tables (rounds or rectangular), house chairs, and lounge furniture are all available for your use
- Billiards table
- Working fireplace
- Custom tent available for rent
Food and Beverage: Gemma restaurant, which is attached to the Bowery Hotel, provides exclusive catering for this venue. See pricing above.
Space Type: Inside/Outside. There is an 8,000 sq. foot indoor/outdoor area and 2,000 sq. foot wrap-around balcony
Bridal Suite: I would recommend staying overnight in the Bowery Hotel so you can just get ready there.
Size: 500-600 for a cocktail style reception, 200 for a seated dinner with and without dancing.
Parking: Valet, which is not included in the fee.
How Will Grandma Get There? Ideally Grandma would stay at the hotel, where rooms start at around $325-$500+/night depending on the time of year. The Bowery Hotel is located in Bowery neighborhood of Manhattan and is a 1-minute walk from the Bleecker Street subway station. Other hotels nearby include the Standard and the Crosby Street Hotel.
The 17-story hotel opened in 2007, but as soon as you walk inside you would think it had been there forever. With antique oriental rugs, giant fireplaces, vintage tiles, and Edwardian-era furniture, the cozy hotel looks like it’s been around since the turn of the century. It’s a favorite spot for celebs, but you would never know it due to it’s laid-back, intimate, and very comfortable yet chic vibe.
Woman Getting Married Says:
I’ve stayed at this hotel several times for work, and I love everything about it. From the location, hotel lobby, restaurant, drinks, the room itself, and even the hotel stationary…it’s all totally on-point. If you’re looking for a unique NYC venue that’s not only easily accessible for guests but has an extremely intimate and unique vibe, this is the place. The only hitch? It’s pricey. But then again, almost everything in NYC is…so if you can afford it, by all means check this place out. I can tell you the food I ate there was great, and the hotel itself is beautiful. I highly recommend it!
Click here to see pics from a wedding at The Bowery Hotel