96 Piney Point Rd,
Boiceville, NY 12412
View their website
Average Base Cost: $36,000
Our average base cost for an Onteora Mountain House wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list using their two-day Wedding Weekend package, not including the price of accommodations for 2-nights (which you can have guests pay directly). Entertainment, flowers, furniture, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are NOT included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax is included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: There are two wedding packages available for couples at the Onteora Mountain House every Saturday and Sunday from May through October. The details are below:
The Two-Day Saturday “Weekend Wedding” (minimum reception size is 100 guests)
- $165 for a buffet with open bar, champagne toast, coffee, teas, standard equipment (with gratuity included) is $165/pp.
- $10/pp additional for a full plated service option.
- $12,500 site fee, which includes use of the house and grounds for any size hour period Saturday until 10 p.m. (overtime available)
- $3,900 for 7 guest rooms for two nights (accommodates 14 people) (NOTE: For the Saturday Weekend Wedding package all 7 rooms must be rented.)
- The house and its seven rooms are yours exclusively from Friday afternoon till Sunday noon. (Sleeping capacity is 7 couples and up to 4 children on fold-out couches.) Full breakfast is provided both mornings.
The One Day “Sunday Wedding” (minimum reception size is 80)
- From $165 for food and service (same options as above)
- $7,000 site fee, which includes use of the house and grounds Sunday for a size hour period between 2 and 10 p.m. (overtime available)
- $240-$325 for any of the seven rooms for one night, or $2,000 for the entire house. Also includes use of the bridal suite during the day. (NOTE: You do not have to rent any of the rooms if you do not want with the Sunday Wedding package.)
Important Note: All prices are subject to sales tax (currently 8%). Gratuity is already included in the above pricing.
Extras: You may add additional courses, full-seated dinner service (listed above), extra desserts, hours, etc.
Vendors: You must use their in-house food and beverage packages.
Food and Beverage: See pricing above.
Space Type: Inside/Outside
Size: Up to 185 guests
Bridal Suite: Yes
Parking: Yes. There is limited parking available.
How Will Grandma Get There? Ideally Grandma will stay in one of the 7 guest rooms. If not, there are several B&B’s and other Inns within a 30-minute drive, including Kate’s Lazy Meadow (which is owned by Kate Pierson from the B-52’s and her partner!). The venue recommends this site as a resource to find additional lodging. The Onteora Mountain House is located 100 miles north of New York City (about a 2 hour drive), and 50 miles south of Albany. It is 8 miles from the village of Woodstock and 16 miles from Kingston and the NYS Thruway.
Party On! Events can go until 10 p.m.
The Onteora Mountain House was originally the summer home of Richard Hellmann, the mayonnaise mogul. It is located in the heart of the Catskill State Park, and is surrounded by 250 acres of forest preserve overlooking Esopus Valley. The house has a 20 by 40 foot great room with a cathedral ceiling, stone fireplace, and a picture window with views down the valley. A 60-foot dining porch wraps around the Great Room, and the downstairs features a game room with a championship pool table. There is also a sauna, koi pond, and meandering trails around the grounds. A typical wedding setup would be a ceremony on the deck, cocktail hour in the garden, and reception in the pavilion.
Woman Getting Married Says:
This venue is a really fun and funky option for a destination wedding for New York City couples. I think it’s even better if most of your guests are coming from the surrounding areas, as it’s a nice drive out of the city vs. flying in and then having to drive another 2 hours (though tons of people do that). I don’t think any of the pictures really capture the awesome view the venue has (even from inside!), and I really like the venue layout. If the idea of an upstate New York wedding sounds like your cup of tea, I would definitely recommend taking the drive up here (hey, even stay the night to get a feel for the place!) and checking this out as a potential wedding venue.