The Lake Erie Building
13000 Athens Avenue
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
View their website
Average Base Cost: $20,000
Average base cost for a Lake Erie Building wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list on a Saturday night with a food/beverage cost of $80/pp. Transportation to venue, entertainment, decorations, additional rentals, valet, DJ, and photography are not included. Average price includes gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
*Prices subject to change
How it Breaks Down
Facility Rental Fee: The current weekend rental rate is $7,020.
- 24 hour access to the space beginning Wednesday morning at 7am through the following Monday at 2pm
- The ability to use any vendors and bring in your own alcohol
- Use and set up of standard plastic folding tables in 60″ round, 6’ rectangle, and 30″ cocktail height sizes
- Use and set up of natural wood chiavari chairs with an ivory chair cushion or vintage wood and metal folding chairs
- Two portable bar structures and a bathtub “bar” that can be filled with ice for self service.
- Strung Edison lights throughout the space and brass chandeliers that can be hung where you want from the ceiling in the event space
- A venue coordinator throughout the planning process to go over logistical details and be the point of contact for vendors throughout the event week
- Building staff onsite through the week and on Saturday to assist vendors and guests into the space, and handle any building related maintenance
- An event security officer
- Fully appointed getting ready space
- 8% cuyahoga county sales tax
Extras: There are no mandatory additional fees, though Lake Erie Building does offer a discount on linens through L’nique if you rent through them. They also offer furniture rentals.
Food/Beverage: All clients are welcome to bring in any licensed, full-service caterer and their own alcohol and bartenders, though Lake Erie Building can offer recommendations on catering, mobile bars, or bartending services. You can stock your bar with anything you’d like, but the venue does not allow shots to be served at any time. No exceptions.
Space Type: Inside
Size: 450 for a cocktail reception, 375 for a seated reception, and 250 if hosting both a ceremony AND seated reception onsite
Bridal Suite: Yes.
Parking: Yes. The venue offers a private lot for 90 cars and a municipal lot across the street for any overflow.
Food Service Type: Your choice
How Will Grandma Get There? The Lake Erie Building is located in southeast Lakewood, Ohio — less than fifteen minutes from Hopkins International Airport, Downtown Cleveland, and Lake Erie. The building is also within walking distance of Madison Avenue, which is home to many bars, restaurants, and local shops. Cleveland will be your best bet for lodging.
Party On! Events can last until 11 p.m., and you will then be given a courtesy hour for guests and vendors to leave the building.
Important Note: Immediately following your event, you will be responsible for removing your cards, gifts, and leftover alcohol. Any other items can be locked in the space overnight and collected on Monday. All personal items must be out of the space and keys must be returned to the lockbox by 2 p.m. on Monday unless other arrangements have been made with the Lake Erie Building Staff.
The Lake Erie Building’s venue space is located on the second floor and features over 7,000 sq. feet with 14ft ceilings and tall, industrial-style windows.
Woman Getting Married Says
Some couples gravitate towards blank spaces, and the truth is they’re great if you’re working with a venue that takes care of a lot of additional checklist items for you. The Lake Erie Building is a perfect example of this…a raw space that provides enough hand-holding to make the process that much easier. Brides repeatedly talk about how great the staff at the Lake Erie Building are to work with, which goes a long way if you’re building your vision from scratch.
The BYOV (Bring Your Own Vendor) for food and beverages is obviously amazing, and will save you a ton. I’d use that extra savings towards creating beautiful yet simple centerpieces (maybe even renting farmhouse dining tables) as well as a ceremony arch/focal point that will help you define your ceremony/reception spaces.
Read Our Other Ohio Wedding Venue Reviews:
- Red Space in Cleveland
- Kingwood Center Gardens in Mansfield
- The Club at Hillbrook in Chagrin Falls
- Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus
- Bryn Du Mansion and Fieldhouse in Granville