There are so many fun wedding program examples out there that will make you definitely want to have one. And you should seriously consider it! After all, wedding programs are often the first thing guests will see at your wedding ceremony, which means they can pack a big punch when it comes to first impressions. Does that mean you should definitely spend money on them? Absolutely not!
I for one chose not to have a wedding program. Our ceremony was 30 minutes long, and I wanted the focus to be on other things we were doing (like the wedding music). I had also gone slightly over-budget on our wedding invitations, so I was trying to cut down on as much paper cost as possible.
Do You Have to Have a Wedding Program?
If you’re on a tight budget, wedding programs are definitely one of those things you can skip. While they are a fun way to welcome guests to your wedding, they are used for such a small period of time that it doesn’t always make sense to spend money on them. With that said, one of the best ways to incorporate a wedding program without breaking the bank is to buy a digital file that you can print yourself for big savings (like a few of the options, below).
RELATED: Not sure what your wedding program should include (or how much they will cost)? Read our helpful guide to wedding programs!
Even though wedding programs can be an additional cost, I am by no means discouraging you from getting them. If you have the budget or if you can DIY them to save money, they are a really fun for your overall wedding vibe.
Need wedding planning help? Our wedding e-book will teach you everything you need to know!
I searched through Pinterest and Etsy to find a few of my favorite wedding program examples, below. A lot of these are affordable, fun, and pack a whole lot of design in a little package!
The Best Wedding Program Examples We Found
- Illustrate your entire wedding party for a cute and frameable wedding program that guests won’t want to throw away. Buy on Etsy.
2. Fill these wedding program bags with confetti, petals, candy, or peanuts. Buy on Etsy.
3. Another way to combine a snack and your wedding program! This would be especially cute if you got married in an old theatre. Buy on Etsy.
4. You should definitely put your wedding hashtag on your wedding program if you’re using one. But why not take it a step further and create a fun visual scavenger hunt for guests while you’re at it? Buy on Etsy.
5. A wedding program that doubles as a wedding favor? We’ll take it! This wedding program handkerchief will help dry guests’ eyes after hearing your sweet wedding vows! Buy on Etsy.
6. Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Treat guests to a dose of good news with a newspaper wedding program. Buy on Etsy.
More Fun Wedding Program Ideas and Accessories
7. Getting married outside? You can use popsicle sticks or fan handles that attach to your wedding program for an instant fan that guests can keep cool with. Buy on Etsy.
8. Let guests have a little fun with a cootie-catcher wedding program. Buy on Etsy.
9. Fold your wedding programs into paper planes for a fun and unexpected touch.
10. Keep the design simple and the text funny!
11. Short and to the point= my kind of wedding program.
We Think You’ll Also Love:
Originally published February 18, 2015.
Post updated on December 30, 2020.