We’ve gotten quite a few readers write in asking where they can find mini champagne bottle wedding favors, so we wanted to do a bit more research and give you the best resources (and prices) that we could find.
We also found a great DIY video showing how to make a champagne bottle even fancier by adding glitter to it. It’s the perfect technique for your mini champagne bottle wedding favors. Not only will it cover up any label you might not want to show, but all it needs aside from glitter is a ‘Thank You!’ card (or escort card if you want to have the champagne bottles pull double duty) with a ribbon tied around it. Add a straw and it’s an elegant wedding favor guests will love. (Try these ‘Thank You’ mini champagne labels for $1.00/each).
Below are links to several mini champagne bottles (as well as Prosecco and Cava, which will help you save) that I found online that can be bought in bulk for your wedding favors. These are some of the best prices for each that I’ve found so far, but if you’ve located a better deal online let other readers know in the comments section!
P.S.: While these prices are cheaper than some wedding favors, keep in mind that you’ll have to plan on having 1 per adult guest, which can add up (unlike other wedding favors that you can give per couple). That’s why I love the idea of having these double as escort or place cards to save even more money.
Also remember that while some per-bottle prices might be cheaper, shipping can really add to your cost. More on that in the notes section, below.
The Best Prices for Mini Champagne and Sparking Wine Bottles
Mini champagne bottles (often called splits, minis, or even personal poppers) are 187 ml. Half bottles for comparison are 375 ml and a full bottle is 750 ml. Because these minis are a third of the size, they’re often a third of the price. Here are some of the best deals we’ve found:
La Vostra Prosecco (187 ml): $3.49/bottle
Rondel Gold Brut Cava mini bottle (187/ml): $3.49/bottle
Freixenet Cordon Negro Extra Dry Cava mini bottle (187 ml): $3.99/bottle
Mionetto Prosecco Brut mini bottles (2-pack, 187 mls each): $9.49 for two (about $5/bottle)
La Marca Prosecco mini bottle (187 ml): $5.48/bottle
Domaine Chandon Brut Split mini bottle (187 ml): $6.99
Chandon California Brut Sparkling wine mini bottle (187 ml): $7.99/bottle
Mionetto Prosecco Brut mini bottles (2-pack, 187 mls each): $9.49 (about $5/bottle)
Moet & Chandon Imperial Brut mini bottle (187 ml): $11.95/bottle (this is still the best deal I have found online)
A few notes about buying alcohol online:
- Shipping prices vary GREATLY. While a mini champagne bottle might be almost a dollar cheaper per bottle on one website, they could have double the shipping fees! We were quoted $238.26 for 120 bottles of the Domaine Chandon Brut Split via UPS Ground, and only $133.95 for 120 bottles of Moet & Chandon Brut ‘Imperial’ NV via FedEx Ground.
- Online retailers have to get licenses from each state in order to ship there, so look for a retailer who can ship wine to your state.
- Give yourself plenty of time to look for and find your mini champagne bottles. Some retailers can ship their mini bottles in as little as 3 business days with expedited shipping while others might take longer for custom orders.
- Alcohol shipments require a signature upon delivery, so make sure you will be there on the delivery date. Alternatively you can deliver to your work address so you know somebody will always be there to sign for it.
- Be sure to search around for the best price before you buy. Sites like Wine-Searcher help you do that!
Other Ways to Save
Order Local: Before you order online, call around to your local wine and liquor stores (like Total Wine, Costco, and BevMo) and see what they have in stock. If you can pick up your order instead of having it shipped you’ll potentially save hundreds of dollars.
Buy in Bulk: You can often get a case discount (or more if buying multiple cases) so call the store or website first to see if you might be able to negotiate a better deal for a large purchase.
When it Comes to Accessories, Go A La Carte: Those Moet sippers (the cones that go on top of the bottle so you can drink without a glass) are cute, but if you buy them with your mini bottle of Moet, you’ll be spending about $7 more. Instead, get some cute gold straws that you can tie with a ribbon around the bottle instead. Or if you really like the look of sippers, you can find them as cheap as $0.40/piece on sites like Alibaba.
Have your bottles and want to do something cute with them? Here is an easy Glitter Champagne Mini Bottles DIY to help make these wedding favors even more wedding worthy. Two helpful tips? Be sure to wear gloves. And to make sure the glitter sets, spray it with hairspray after it dries.