155 Sansome St.,
San Francisco, CA 94104
View their website
Average Base Cost: $40,000
Our average base cost for a City Club of San Francisco wedding is calculated by figuring an 125-person guest list for a Saturday night ceremony/reception using a food cost of $100/pp and their Premium Bar package. Entertainment, flowers, furniture, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax is included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: $5,000
- 2 hours for set up, 5 hours of event time and 2 hours for breakdown
- Round tables
- Chiavari chairs
- Standard white linens that are not floor length
- Glassware, flatware and china
- Votive candles
- City Club bud vases and seasonal floral arrangements
- Event and audio visual planning assistance
- Additional event time is available at $500 per hour.
- Cashier $300 per 4-hour shift
- Bartender fee for bars with consumption less than $500. $325 per 4-hour shift
- Additional Bar – Set up fee $300
- City Club Speakeasy Cigar Package, 20 Cigars, 2 Bottles of Port or Whisky $500
- Coat Check Attendant $325
Vendors: Outside vendors are allowed, except for food and beverage which must be in-house.
Food and Beverage: Plated dinner is $75/pp (average) and buffet is $80/pp. This includes starter, entree and dessert. Appetizers and displays are additional and start at $15/pp.
The bar options are as follows:
- Wine and Beer Bar: $18 for the 1st hour, $14 for each hour following per person per hour
- Club Select Full Bar: $24 for the 1st hour, $16 for each hour following per person per hour
- Premium Full Bar :$28 for the 1st hour, $20 for each hour following per person per hour
- Super Premium Full Bar: $32 for the 1st hour, $22 for each hour following per person per hour
- Bellini and Bubbles Bar: $22 per person for 1 hour of service, $12 when added to any Bar Package
*If clients choose to become members they receive a 10% discount on food and beverage, and gratuity is reduced from 23% to 21%. Read more about membership here.
Space Type: Inside
Size: 220 for a seated dinner
Bridal Suite: Yes, there is both a bride’s room and a groom’s room.
Parking: Not on-site, however several garages are within walking distance.
How Will Grandma Get There? The City Club of San Francisco is located in downtown San Francisco where there are a ton of hotels nearby, including the Courtyard Marriott and the Palace Hotel, among others.
Party On! Events can go until 2 a.m.
The City Club of San Francisco opened up one year after the Stock Market Crash of 1929. Designed by architectural firm Miller & Pflueger, the 11-story building held the offices of brokers who worked on the trading floor of the nearby San Francisco Stock Exchange at 301 Pine Street (now an Equinox Fitness). Since 1987 the Club has been a meeting place for business and community leaders, as well as an event space for weddings.
Woman Getting Married Says:
Let’s look at the good and the bad for this wedding venue. The good is that the venue rental fee is very low for downtown San Francisco ($5,000), as are the catering prices. The other HUGE positive is that everything from your chairs to your tables, linens, and even floral arrangements are included. The bad news is that this cost is being made up (for the most part) in the high beverage cost. My calculations have this venue at $108/pp for a 5-hour open bar using the Premium options. That’s super high, even by big city standards. You might be tempted to opt for a consumption bar here, but I would avoid that. Instead I would meet with this venue and weigh the pros/cons of what you ARE getting (well-priced catering, rentals, flowers, etc.) against what you would otherwise be spending. It might work out that this wedding venue is more economical than you think.