501 Union St.,
Brooklyn, NY 11215
View their website
Average Base Cost: $45,000
Our average base cost for a 501 Union wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for a Saturday night ceremony/reception in July using a food/beverage cost of $206/pp ($150/pp for food and $56/pp for alcohol using their Open Bar 5-hour package). Entertainment, flowers, furniture, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax is included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: The venue fee varies according to month as follows:
- Monday-Thursday: $6,400
- Friday and Sunday: $7,000
- Saturday: $7,000
July, August, November, December
- Monday-Thursday: $7,400
- Friday and Sunday: $10,800
- Saturday: $11,400
- Monday-Thursday: $8,000
- Friday and Sunday: $11,400
- Saturday: $12,000
- Venue coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Front of House Manager
- Coat check room
- Four-part mobile stage
- Fully integrated in-house sound system, compatible with iPod, DJ, and live band setups
- Access to the following spaces:
- The Lounge: 1,400 sq ft of mingling room around a 15 ft Carrara Marble top bar, detailed woodwork, brass fixtures, luxurious wallpaper and a lustrous white tin ceiling lit with suspended pendant fixtures on dimmers.
- The Garden: 1,400 sq feet of outdoor seating and socializing space extending from the lounge. Walls of glass open up to Union Street and the main space.
- The Gallery: 3,500 sq ft space featuring lofted ceilings and a custom-built 50 ft skylight. Wrapped in exposed brick and hardwoods, the main space includes eight Modo chandeliers on individual dimmers, a fully integrated in-house sound system, and its own full-service cocktail bar for convenient service throughout your event.
- The Private Suite
- The Kitchen is fully equipped to accommodate catering needs throughout the event.
Vendors: Outside vendors are allowed except for furniture rentals, which must be sourced through 501 Union and Broadway Party Rentals. Additionally, 501 Union must provide the bar/beverage service.
Food/Beverage: You may bring in your own food caterer. 501 Union provides the bar packages, however, outlined below:
- All alcoholic beverage service provided through 501 Union and its staff
- Minimum headcount 75
- 5-hour maximum on all bar packages
- 4-hour minimum on all weddings, 5th hour optional
- Hourly breakdown available for non-wedding events only
- 18% gratuity added on all bars
Soft Beverage (non-alcoholic)
Bottled water, soda, juices
- $8 per guest
Beer and Wine
Select wine list, draft beer, soft beverages (non-alcoholic). *A signature cocktail to be served during cocktail hour may be added for $2 per guest
- $26 per guest – 2 hour bar
- $36 per guest – 3 hour bar
- $42 per guest – 4 hour bar
- $44 per guest – 5 hour bar
Well liquors, select wine list, draft beer, soft beverages (non-alcoholic). *Included in this package is the option to create a signature cocktail.
- $33 per guest – 2 hour bar
- $42 per guest – 3 hour bar
- $50 per guest – 4 hour bar
- $56 per guest – 5 hour bar
Premium Open Bar
Premium liquors, full wine list, draft and bottled beer, soft beverages (non-alcoholic). *Included in this package is the option to create a signature cocktail.
- $45 per guest – 2 hour bar
- $57 per guest – 3 hour bar
- $67 per guest – 4 hour bar
- $72 per guest – 5 hour bar
NOTE: For weddings, pre-Ceremony passed Prosecco and soft beverage service is available at an additional cost of $350.00. This will be considered separate from the hourly bar package. Self-service water station is available upon request at no additional charge.
Space Type: Inside/Outside
Size: For a wedding ceremony and reception, 501 Union can seat up to a maximum of 140 guests in the Garden for a ceremony. The Gallery can accommodate between 140-160 guests depending upon the floorplan and selection of rental furniture if a dance floor is desired.
Bridal Suite: Yes
Parking: Street parking is available, otherwise valet is recommended.
How Will Grandma Get There? 501 Union is located in between Carroll Gardens and Prospect Heights in Brooklyn. There are mostly budget hotels located nearby (Fairfield Inn) with more upscale hotels located in nearby Williamsburg (The Wythe) or Brooklyn Heights (The Marriott). 501 Union is just a few blocks away from the N/R Subway line which connects to Manhattan for guests looking for easy access or to visit or stay in the city.
Party On! Events can go as late as you want as long as they stay within the 24 hour rental period (woohoo!)
Built in 1916, the former classic car restoration shop was transformed into a wedding/events venue in 2013. 501 Union is a member of the Gowanus Hospitality Group, which also boasts the Green Building wedding venue (which is across the street!).
Woman Getting Married Says:
Brooklyn is kicking Manhattan’s butt when it comes to cool wedding venues, and 501 Union is just the latest example of that. It’s a bit more expensive than our favorite Green Building since you have to use their bar service and a basic furniture rental service is not included, but this provides a great alternative if the Green Building is booked and you have the budget.