All products featured on Woman Getting Married are independently selected by our editors. However, we may earn affiliate revenue on this article and commission when you buy something. Learn more.
A reader recently wrote in asking if I knew about any great ceremony/reception venues that would fit her budget. She lives in the Orange County area, and most of the places she found and loved were more than a three hour drive away, which ends up being an issue if it’s not a destination wedding where guests can stay in hotels. She also needs a property that allows you to bring in outside food/alcohol. These two venues, below, are a good fit if you’re looking for a unique location that lets you DIY. With fun venues like these, I think you should play-up the homespun nature of the wedding, with rustic-yet-fun decorations, homemade food, or even “fast food,” such as Mexican, burgers, etc. (one couple had an In-N-Out burger stand).
Are you looking for a great venue in your area? We can help! Click here to learn about our custom wedding venue search.
Oak Canyon Nature Center
6700 E. Walnut Canyon Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92807
View their website
Venue Rental Fee:
Anaheim Residents: $1,386
- Eight hour rental of the amphitheatre and reception deck
- Use of their state-of-the-art sound system
- Two-hour rehearsal
- Seating for up to 225 guests
See more pics from a wedding at this venue over at Green Wedding Shoes.
19822 Beach Boulevard
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Inside can hold 50 seated, and 75 “roaming.” Total capacity is 200 for lawn and clubhouse combination.
Venue Rental Fee:
- $60/hour for rental (Rental hours are 6 a.m. until 12 a.m. Friday and Saturday, and until 10:00 pm Sunday through Thursday)
- +Liability Insurance: $176.15 (with alcohol)
- +$5 alcohol filing fee
- +$25 Table set up fee (optional)
- +Have to hire security if having alcohol (typically runs around $12/hour)
Average venue cost for 8-hour rental: $800
- 12 six-foot rectangular tables
- 90 stackable chairs
- Complete kitchen
- Men’s and Women’s restrooms
- Cleaning supplies
- Only wine/beer/champagne permitted
- You are responsible for cleanup (you can DIY or hire a cleaning crew, which will probably run you around $100-200)
- Live music inside only. Cannot be amplified