deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum
51 Sandy Pond Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
View their website
Average Base Cost: $33,000
Average base cost for a deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list on a Saturday evening in a peak month using $150/pp for food and beverage and their tables and chairs. Entertainment, additional decorations and rentals, DJ, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand and includes tax and gratuity.
*Prices subject to change
**Need wedding planning advice? Get a 30-minute Zoom wedding planning session with me! Find out how.**
How it Breaks Down
Facility Rental Fee:
Rental fees are based off of a five and a half hour event. Two hours for set-up and one hour of breakdown is also included. Additional overtime can be added to the beginning of the event.
The fees breakdown as follows:
- Saturday: $9,500
- Friday & Sunday: $7,800
- Holiday Sunday: $9,500
- Midweek: $6,500
- Tented (over 150): $11,000
- Overtime (not to go past midnight): $500 per 1/2 hour
- Option of renting the Rappaport Roof Terrace for additional $1,500.
A NOTE ON CEREMONIES: A ceremony may take place on the Sculpture Terrace, in designated locations of the Sculpture Park, on the Rappaport Roof Terrace, or in the Dewey Family Gallery. The ceremony is included in your rental fee if it takes place within the five and a half hour rental time frame. An overtime fee of $500 per 1/2 hour would apply if it was to take place outside of the five and a half hour time frame.
- Event Manager to supervise the event set-up, security and front desk event staff, vendors and the overall flow of the event.
- Rental of the Museum includes guest tables, cocktail tables, and black ceremony and reception chairs. Additional rental items can be organized through one of the venue’s preferred caterers. (Subject to selected location and guest count)
- The entire Museum building is included with your rental fee. Guests may explore the gallery spaces all evening without food or beverages in hand.
Extras: A $250 membership level or above is required for private parties (you may join at the time of booking).
Food/Beverage: You must use one of their exclusive caterers, such as La Fete Catering, Tables of Content Catering , or Capers Catering.
Space Type: Inside/Outside
Is there a rain-plan? Yes.
Size: Up to 300. Each space within the venue breaks down as follows:
Dewey Family Gallery and Pondside Terrace
- 140 people for dinner and dancing
- 170 people for dinner or luncheon, no dancing
- 200 people for theater-style seating
- 200 for standing reception
Rappaport Roof Terrace:
- 100 people for passed hors d’oeuvres and cocktails
REMINDER: There is an additional $1,500 fee for this space when renting in addition to the Museum building
- Holds 150+ guests (this space would be the “tented” option for $11,000 listed above)
- Maximum of 5.5 hours
- Tent Fees (does not include tent).
- Located adjacent to Museum building
Bridal Suite: You may use the DeNormandie Library
Parking: Yes. This is included.
How Will Grandma Get There? DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum is located 20 miles from Boston and 15 miles from Cambridge. Out-of-town guests would most likely want to stay in downtown Boston at hotels such as The Fairmont Copley Plaza or The Langham.
Party On! For all rental times the bar closes one hour before the event is scheduled to end and the music 30 minutes before the event is scheduled to end. All rentals must end by midnight.
Located on the shore of Flint’s Pond in Lincoln, Massachusetts, the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum is the largest park of its kind. Established in 1950, it sits on 30 acres and features an array of 60 sculptures that range from large-scale, outdoor, modern to contemporary. With rotating exhibits inside the museum, you can opt to host your wedding in the Sculpture Terrace, the galleries, or have a tented event in the park.
Woman Getting Married Says
This is another top-rated Massachusetts wedding venue by brides, and I think it’s a cool option for those couples looking for an inside/outside space with an art-driven flare. The different venue spaces are each unique and offer a little something for everybody, and the fact that you can have an easy weather-backup plan is always a plus. Keep in mind that this venue is rather strict when it comes to both start and end times, so if you’re looking for a place where your party can go into the wee hours this might not be the best wedding venue for you. The location is also a bit removed if you’re having a lot of out-of-town guests who will most likely want to stay in downtown Boston, but if you hire a shuttle that should eliminate any major issues in terms of location.
Looking for something different? Discover more wedding venues here!