6641 Union Point Highway
Union Point, GA 30669
View their website
Average Base Cost: $16,000
Our average base cost for a Corry House wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list on a Saturday, including an average food/beverage cost of $80/pp and required ‘extras’ detailed below. Entertainment, flowers, furniture, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are NOT included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax is included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: The Corry House venue rental fee breaks down as follows:
- Friday: $2,750
- Saturday: $3,500
- Weekend Rental: $5,000 (The weekend rental includes the use of seven bedrooms and barn loft which sleeps approximately 20 people)
- Sunday: $2,750
- Exclusive use of the barn, main house, carriage house, front and back lawns, and property
- Unlimited parking
- Use of The Corry House tables and (150) chairs
- Two hour time rehearsal time the week of your event
- Two staff members from The Corry House will be onsite during your event to oversee the house and event
- Vendor(s) of your choice
- Use of three on-site residential kitchens and consumables (paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, etc.)
- Trash disposal
- The weekend rental also includes the use of seven bedrooms and barn loft which sleeps approximately 20 people
Extras: Cleanup Fee: $200 for day rental, $300 for weekend rental
Food and Beverage: Outside catering is allowed
Other Vendors: Outside vendors are allowed
Space Type: Inside/Outside
Size: Up to 200 guests
Bridal Suite: Yes, there is a bridal suite, groom suite, and additional rooms for wedding party to get ready in.
Parking: Yes (unlimited, free)
How Will Grandma Get There? The Corry House is about 100 miles from the Atlanta airport (from 1 1/2 to 2 hours away) and 50 minutes from the Athens airport. While up to 20 people can stay on the property (and ideally Grandma could be one of them), other out of town guests would most likely want to stay at the nearby Ritz Carlton (about 26 miles away), or the Tru by Hilton Greensboro Lake Oconee.
Party On! Events can go until midnight
Built in the 1860’s by a soldier for his wife after returning home from the Civil War, the Corry House sits on 500 acres named Ogeechee Plantation in Greene County (about three miles east of Union Point). The house is named after the family who settled on the plantation in 1798, and since then 10 generations of the Corry family have lived on the land.
Woman Getting Married Says:
The biggest pros of this wedding venue are the low rental fee and the fact that you can bring in your own vendors (that will save you A LOT). Having a barn for your reception space is also a big plus! The biggest downside for this venue would have to be the location for guests who don’t live nearby. Unless your guests are staying at the Ritz, there are few lodging options nearby that are above 2-stars. Consider instead having a smaller, more intimate wedding here where all the guests can stay on the property, or work with a shuttle company to transport guests to/from the venue and perhaps a more central location like Athens or Atlanta.