Average Base Cost: $28,000
Average base cost for a Sodo Park wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for a Saturday ceremony and reception using applicable rental fees and food and beverage minimums, below, as well as room re-set charges, staffing, linens, and use of the bride and groom lofts. Entertainment, flowers, additional decorations and rentals, DJ, wedding coordinator, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and tax is included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: The Sodo Park venue rental fees break down as follows:
- Monday thru Thursday: $1,000 plus $3,000 Food & Beverage Minimum
- Friday: $4,800 plus $7,000 Food & Beverage Minimum.
- Saturday: $6,200 plus $10,000 Food & Beverage Minimum.
- Sunday: $2,800 plus $5,000 Food & Beverage Minimum
- Ceremony-to-reception reset is an additional $500
*$200 per additional continuous hour prior to rental block
*$500 per continuous hour after midnight
- 10 continuous hours of venue access until midnight (see above for cost per additional hour)
- House equipment (tables, chairs, cutlery, glassware & china suitable for most parties of up to 300)
- Complimentary 1 hour rehearsal (available Thursdays & Fridays 10am—1pm. Event preparation may overlap with rehearsal time).
- Complimentary seasonal open house tastings
- Detailed logistics meeting in which you cover guest flow, set up & menu details, time line, décor & styling needs and vendor timing
A more detailed list of their available equipment is below:
Food/Beverage: All food and beverage must be provided by the venue’s exclusive caterer, Herban Feast. Expect the average cost per person for a plated meal with passed appetizers and a top-shelf bar to average around $100/pp. Staffing for a 5-hour wedding for 125 people will run around $4,000, and linens around $600. You may bring in your own wedding cake and they will cut/plate it for no additional charge.
Space Type: Inside
Size: Up to 300 seated, and up to 500 for standing receptions
Bridal Suite: You may rent their bride and/or groom lofts for $500/each. It will be available to you from your Sodo rental start time until 10 p.m.
Parking: Street and public lots
How Will Grandma Get There? Located in the SoDo district a couple of miles from downtown Seattle, guests would most likely stay downtown at hotels such as The Fairmont Olympic Hotel and The Hilton Seattle. You can arrange for a shuttle or have guests take taxis or Uber to the venue.
Party On! The venue closes at midnight.
Sodo Park is a century-old refurbished factory in the SoDo neighborhood of Seattle, which is South of Downtown (although it used to mean South of the Kingdome, which was Seattle’s stadium that was torn down in 2000). It’s owned and operated by Herban Feast, a catering company in Seattle that also owns The Foundry and Froggsong Gardens venues.
Woman Getting Married Says:
This converted factory is a great mix between industrial and rustic. I would actually dress it down vs. dressing it up, and lean more towards having a barn-like wedding theme vs. a more modern one. The awesome thing about the space is you can easily do either depending on your taste. While the catering costs are on average with most other cities/companies (if not below), the venue rental fee is a bit on the high side. I’d love to see them include spaces like the bride suite in the venue rental cost, but aside from that the fact that you’re getting tables and chairs (and nice ones at that) means it will end up mostly evening out in the end. You also won’t have to do a lot to the space in terms of decor (candles and up-lighting will go a long way in here) which is always a bonus.