You see a wedding venue. You fall in love with it. They have your date available! Just when you start to sign on the dotted line you notice one tiny thing…THERE CAN BE MORE THAN ONE WEDDING A DAY. Cue the long, awkward, pause…
So, what does that mean? And is it the end of the world when it comes to wedding planning? Before you start thinking all is lost and that you’ll need to find another wedding venue, know that it IS possible to have more than one wedding at a venue a day IF it’s handled properly. When it comes to the chance of multiple weddings a day, here’s what you should be asking a wedding venue BEFORE you book:
- Do you book more than one wedding a day here?
- If so, how does that work? Do you space them out (IE: one in the morning one in the evening) or will they be held at the same time?
- If they are held at different times, will the set-up or breakdown of the other wedding interfere with mine?
- If they are held at the same time, how far apart are the venues? Do guests share the same facilities and staff?
- Are there ever any noise complaints from couples who say they can hear the other wedding and music?
If the wedding venue in question is very large and the grounds are spread out, having another wedding at the same time might not be a deal-breaker, but you’ll definitely want to get the details sorted out before you book. Ideally, however, your wedding venue would have one wedding a day and be able to concentrate 100% of their efforts COMPLETELY on you. After all, you deserve it!
Still looking for the perfect wedding venue? Read our unfiltered wedding venue reviews here!
Photo by Michelle Tanner Photography