Rihanna and A$AP Rocky have been making headlines with their whirlwind romance, leaving fans wondering: Is Rihanna married? Speculations buzz around the couple, with talk of secret weddings and love-filled music videos. But is it true? Let’s get down to what we know so far.
Rihanna and A$AP Rocky: A Love Journey
Rihanna’s romantic life has often been as headline-grabbing as her music releases. From her tumultuous relationship with Chris Brown to her on-and-off flirtation with Drake, her love life has been a rollercoaster in the public eye. Currently, she is in a long-term relationship with A$AP Rocky. The couple has two sons together: RZA Athelston Mayers, born on May 13, 2022, and Riot Rose Mayers, born on August 3, 2023, a pregnancy that Rihanna famously revealed during her performance at the Super Bowl halftime show in February 2023.
Back in June 2023, A$AP Rocky stirred the marriage rumors even more during a performance in France by referring to Rihanna as his “wife,” but there is still no concrete evidence of the two being legally bound. While fans eagerly await the possible nuptial news, speculation continues to swirl around Rihanna and A$AP Rocky’s relationship status.
Although Rihanna and A$AP Rocky have not officially tied the knot yet, A$AP Rocky’s lyrics in his song “Riot” from summer 2023 hint at the possibility of marriage, further fueling the curiosity of fans and the media:
“Shawty birthstone in her ring now, guess she belong to the king now.”
While we know Rihanna and A$AP Rocky are an item now, they started off as friends and collaborators. The couple’s relationship timeline indicates that they’ve been close for about a decade, but only confirmed their romance in May 2021.
The timeline of the couple’s dates and milestones includes some of the most talked-about events and restaurants/clubs:
- 2012: The duo first caught the public eye when they shared a memorable performance of the Cockiness (Remix) at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- 2014: The stylish pair attended several events together in the fashion capital for Paris Fashion Week.
- 2018: A$AP Rocky accompanied Rihanna to the highly prestigious Met Gala.
- 2020: Enjoying a date night at the Beatrice Inn in New York City, sparking further dating rumors.
- 2021: The couple kissed on the red carpet of the Met Gala.
- 2022: The couple announces the birth of their son, RZA Athelston Mayers.
- May 2023: After the 2023 Met Gala in May, which paid tribute to the late fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, the high-profile couple sparked marriage rumors. In line with the gala’s theme, which honored Lagerfeld’s tradition of concluding Chanel haute couture shows with a bride, numerous celebrities, including Rihanna, arrived in wedding attire. Rihanna, known for “Love on the Brain,” showcased a white Valentino dress with spaghetti straps and a floral-appliquéd cape, while her partner sported a black tuxedo jacket and plaid pants. Following the event, Rihanna posted several photos of the pair on Twitter, accompanied by the caption, “shout outz 2 the bridal party….here come de bride #idoKARL #METgala2023.”
- June 2023: A$AP Rocky refers to Rihanna as his “wife” during the Spotify concert at the Cannes Lions Festival
- August 3, 2023: The couple’s second son is born, August Riot Rose Mayers.
Marriage and Parenthood: Speculations and Facts
While there has been no “official” announcement from the couple as to whether or not they are legally married, all signs point to the fact that they are crazy about each other…and parenthood! In an interview with British Vogue for their March 2023 issue, Rihanna had this to say about her partner, A$AP Rocky: “We’re best friends with a baby…We have to be on the same page, but we’ve always kind of had that in our relationship. Everything changes when you have a baby, but I wouldn’t say it’s done anything but made us closer.”
Recently, the couple attracted attention with a music video that features them getting fake-married, only adding fuel to the fire of gossip. However, despite the visual commitment in the video, there has been no official announcement confirming their real-life marriage. As they say, a picture, or in this case, a music video, is worth a thousand rumors.
All products featured on Woman Getting Married are independently selected by our editors. However, we may earn affiliate revenue on this article and commission when you buy something. Learn more.