600 Chestnut St,
Philadelphia, PA 19106
View their website
Average Base Cost: $32,000
Our average base cost for a Down Town Club wedding is calculated by figuring a 175-person guest list on a Saturday evening in July using a food/beverage price of $180/pp. Entertainment, flowers, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee:
There is no facility rental fee but there is a per person charge for catering (see below). The following minimums apply:
- 150 adult minimum on Friday
- 175 adult minimum on Saturdays
- 125 adult minimum on Sunday
Extras: On site ceremony fee of $1,895. This includes an additional ½ hour added to the wedding, ½ hour early valet, ceremony set up, room turn over, early staff, management and coordination of ceremony.
Need wedding planning help? Our wedding e-book will teach you everything you need to know!
Vendors: Outside vendors are allowed except for catering.
Food/Beverage: All catering is provided by Cescaphe Event Group. The pricing is as follows using the per person minimums above.
- Friday: $165.00 per person including all taxes, fees and gratuities
- Saturday: $180.00 per person including all taxes, fees and gratuities
- Sunday: $160.00 per person including all taxes, fees and gratuities
- 6 hour top shelf open bar
- Client’s choice of a signature drink to be passed around during cocktail hour then served at the bar for the rest of the night.
- A champagne greeting for guests as they arrive, pre-ceremony.
- A customized 4 tier wedding cake (client can choose the design and flavor from any magazine, blog, etc.)
- Cocktail hour includes an array of passed appetizers and stations.
- Dinner includes salad, sorbet, choice of 3 gourmet entrees made to order, wedding cake and a dessert display.
- Waitstaff, kitchen staff and an Executive chef overseeing each event exclusively.
- All tables (different shapes such as rounds and rectangles) and chivari chairs are included
- A selection of over 200 upgraded table linens to choose from-all different colors and styles.
- Client’s choice of napkin color accompanied by a silver napkin ring.
- Place settings including a charger, glassware (water glass to be garnished with a lemon and a champagne glass to be garnished with a raspberry), personalized menus at each place setting with names, monogram and wedding date
- An event manager to coordinate the wedding.
- A maître d’ and head server to assist the Event Manager the day of the wedding.
Space Type: Inside
Size: Up to 220 guests
Bridal Suite: Yes
Parking: Valet parking is available at a flat rate of $995. Otherwise, there are several garages within walking distance.
How Will Grandma Get There? The Down Town Club is located in the Old City section of Philadelphia, close to a ton of hotels including the Sheraton Society Hill and Le Meridien.
Party On! Events can go until 1 a.m.
The Down Town Club was designed in 1921 in the Georgian Revival Style, with marble floors and hand-carved wood moldings. The venue was restored in 2013 when it was acquired by the Cescaphe Event Group. Located in the Old City, the venue is across from Independence Hall, with views of the Independence Mall and the Ben Franklin Bridge and Delaware River.
Woman Getting Married Says:
Philadelphia wedding venues are really crushing it these days. I love their mixture of classic and modern elegance, and their pricing options are great to boot. I think the Down Town Club (and other venues from the Cescaphe Group which we’ll write about) does a great job of presenting upscale wedding packages for a reasonable price. While this base cost is higher than other venues, it includes a lot of great items that would otherwise add up. The only down side is the high minimum (175) for a Saturday evening. If you’re looking for a more intimate wedding venue this would not be for you, but if your guest list hovers in that area anyway this could be a perfect match.
Click here to learn more about my wedding venue review process.
Discover more wedding venues here, or ask about our custom wedding venue search.