You’re engaged — let the fun begin! This is an exciting time for not only you and your S.O, but also your closest friends too. While most of them probably assume they’re going to be bridesmaids (and you may have already asked a few informally), you should definitely plan a special bridesmaid proposal for each. There are so many ways to pop the question — from involving food to gifting creative presents — and we’ve rounded up some of the best.
Most bridesmaid proposals involve a tangible item, even if it’s as something as small as a set of hair ties. There are a few different ways you can go about presenting your gift (and the accompanying question!), including the following:
Bridesmaid Proposal By Mail
An especially useful option for out-of-state or far away friends.
Over a Meal or At a Gathering
Gather all of the bridesmaids-to-be and have them “open” their proposal if it’s a gift, or give a mini-toast simply asking them to join your wedding day.
Want the process to be more personal? Schedule a meet-up with each of your bridesmaids and deliver the bridesmaid proposal on an individual basis.
SEE MORE: Your Guide to Traditional Wedding Vows
Again, you don’t have to give your friends anything, but doing so is a cute way to mark the occasion and also pay your appreciation ahead of time! Plus, most options are affordable — especially if you DIY.
Give your bridesmaids a bracelet, necklace, earrings or another type of jewelry so they’ll always be reminded of your special day whenever they wear the gift.
Paired with a bottle of their favorite beverage! Customize the labels to include the bridesmaid’s name, or opt for a pack of pre-made ones.
A Gift Box
Go all out and round up a few of your friend’s favorite products, or just include a few things everyone will love like candles, bath bombs, etc.
Whether you take the funny or sentimental route, your bridesmaids will love the ~officialness.~
Because who doesn’t love food? You can also customize other things like M&Ms!
Perfect for getting ready the day of your wedding or an overnight bachelorette party.
A Mug or Wine Glass
Something else your bridesmaids will actually use!
A cute way to (hopefully) surprise your friends!
Sayings/Quotes to Include
If you want to opt for something other than, or in addition to, “Will you be my bridesmaid?” for your bridesmaid proposal, then consider the following:
- He’s marrying me but he’s stuck with us
- I can’t say “I do” without you.
- I have my mister but I can’t do it without my sister.
- Bridesmaid for a day, but best friend for life.
- White dress, lace and pearls but I can’t do it without my girls.
- Welcome to the bride tribe.
- I got my rock now I need my flock.
- I need something old, something new, something borrowed, and most importantly… you!
- Keep calm and get your bachelorette on.
- Ain’t no party like a bridal party.
- They say I’ll need someone to hold my dress up while I pee…
- I hate everyone but us.
- Open bar.
- Now act surprised.
- When worst comes to worst, squad comes first.
- Time to drink champagne and dance on the table.
- You’ve helped me through every other bad decision… let’s keep the tradition going.
- The best day ever includes you.
- This is really happening.
All products featured on Woman Getting Married are independently selected by our editors. However, we may earn affiliate revenue on this article and commission when you buy something. Learn more.