Brooklyn, NY 11205
(718) 789 2778 View their website
Average Base Cost: $18,000
Average base cost for a Maison May Dekalb ceremony/wedding is calculated by figuring a 80-person guest list using using their $58/pp menu and $75/pp bar option (for 5 hours) as well as ceremony and Saturday night rental fees. Transportation to venue, entertainment, additional decorations, DJ, and photography are not included. Average price includes gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
How it breaks down:
Ceremony Fee: $700 (covers 30 minutes for guest arrival and 30 minutes for the actual ceremony)
Closing fee (Maison May Dekalb will close the restaurant and give you the entire brownstone for 5 hours):
- Saturdays (and Sundays before a Holiday): $3,500
- Friday evening: $2,500
- Sunday evenings: $1,500
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings: $500
NOTE: Pricing changes depending on package chosen. Please contact the venue for additional information.
Extras: A tent is required for more than 80 guests. The average price range for a tent is between $1,800-$2,000 depending on if you have walls and heaters. There is also a wedding cake plating fee of $3/pp.
What’s Included: Designated waitstaff/bartenders & manager, tables, chairs, white linen tablecloths & napkins, tableware & glassware.
Food and Beverage Minimums:
- Saturdays (and Sundays before a Holiday): $9,000
- Friday evening: $7,000
- Sunday evenings: $6,000
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evening: $5,000
Food Packages: Meals are served seated, family style for 80 guests or fewer. Served buffet style without formal dining tables for 80-100.
$58 per person option includes:
- Seasonal Vegetable Soup with Argyle Farms Yogurt, Mint, Almond Oil
- Farm Greens Salad with Brown Butter Croutons, Radish, Grain Mustard & Herb Dressing
- Roasted Chicken Madeleine with Yukon Potato Mash & Dandelion Greens
- Pappardelle Pasta with Local Mushroom Ragout, Greens & Grana Padano
- Meyer Lemon Tart with Meringue
- Bourbon Panna Cotta with a Walnut Cookie Crumble, Honey
$68 per person option includes:
- Clawhammer Farms Pork Rillette with Taragon Mustard, Smoked Paprika, Herb Toast
- Fall Mushroom Bruschetta with Cremini, Shiitake, Rosemary Foccacia, White Truffle Oil
- House Made Cavatelli with Roasted Farm Vegetables, Wilted Spinach, Shallots
- Smoked Flying Pig Farms Pork Shoulder with Herb Roasted Potatoes, Buttermilk Crème Fraîche
- Seared Hanger Steak with Sweet Pea Puree, Raw Beet & Mint Salad
- Black Out Cake with Citrus Compote
- Spice Poached Apple with Vanilla Chantilly
$80 per person option includes:
choose 3 appetizers:
- Bloominghill Farm Greens Salad with Shaved Raw Spring Vegetables, Pink Peppercorn Vinaigrette & Pecorino Romano
- Roasted Spring Onions & Grilled Asparagus with Spring Herbs & Wilted Swiss Chard
- Local Goat Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onion Compote
- Olive Oil Whipped Brandade with Lemon Zest, Chives, Country Bread
- Market Fish Ceviche with Pickled Hot Peppers with Cilantro
choose 3 entrées:
- Slow Braised Birkshire Pork Shoulder with Roasted Sheldon Farms Potatoes & Chimichurri
- Red Wine Braised Clawhammer Farm Beef with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Spring Herb Salad
- Line Caught Striped Bass with Wilted Greens, Parsnip Puree, Brown Butter Sauce
- Violet Hill Farm Roast Chicken with Panzanella, Country Olives
- Seafood Stew with Hake, Baby Octopus, Mussels & Fennel
choose 2 desserts:
- Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Fruit Compote & Ginger Snap Crust
- Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse with Roasted Peanuts, Salted Caramel
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Whipped Mascarpone, Sea Salt & Pistachios
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with a Walnut Cookie Crumble, Honey
(based on 5 hours)
- Red & White Wine, Bottled Beers –$ 60.00/pp for 5 hours; $12 each additional hour
- Red & White Wine, Bottled Beers, Signature Cocktail –$ 65.00/pp for 5 hours; $14 each additional hour
- Sparkling, Red & White Wine, Organic Liquors. Bottled Beers –$ 75.00/pp for 5 hours; $15 each additional hour
- Full Open Bar with all of Maison May Dekalb’s House made, Local & Seasonal Cocktails- $ 85.00/pp for 5 hours; $16 each additional hour
You can also add:
- Sparkling toast: $14/pp
- Refreshments before ceremony (soft drinks, tea, coffee, beer and wine): $12/pp (for liquor, add $4)
Space Type: Inside and outside
Size: Minimum 40 guests, maximum 100. The Parlor Floor can comfortably accommodate a guest list of 20-48 for a four to six hour brunch or dinner reception. For guest lists between 50-100, you can have exclusive use of the brownstone. However, if having your ceremony there they can only accommodate 80 guests for it.
Bridal Suite: No
Food Service Type: Family style or buffet
How Will Grandma Get There? Maison May Dekalb is located in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, which is approximately 8 miles from Grand Central Station in NYC (24 minutes in traffic or 37 minutes by subway). Out of town guests would most likely want to stay in the city or at a nearby hotel such as The Sheraton.
Party On! Events can run between 5-7 hours and can go until 1 a.m.
Maison May Dekalb (formerly ICI) is located in a 19th-century brownstone that used to belong to the restaurant’s owner, Catherine May Saillard. When it’s not hosting weddings, Maison May Dekalb is a full-service restaurant. On the main floor is a dining room which opens up onto the garden/patio. The second floor is reserved for private events, and is where dancing typically takes place is renting out the entire brownstone for your wedding. Their food focuses on seasons and local fare, and the restaurant has relationships with butchers, cheese mongers, farmers, and fishermen from the area.
Woman Getting Married Says:
If you’re looking for a casual yet elegant Brooklyn venue for a smaller guest list, this could definitely be the place. While the space can fit 100, I would definitely keep the number of invites between 60-80 so you have as much room as possible (especially for dancing!). I think the prices are reasonable considering you’re in New York, and if you’re looking to cut down costs even more I’ve heard they will work with you to figure out what will best fit your budget.