Average Base Cost: $29,000
Average base cost for a Baywood Greens wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list on a Saturday night with an outdoor ceremony, as well as a “Pavers” cocktail hour and ballroom reception using the “Platinum” wedding package and Premium open bar. Entertainment, flowers, additional decorations and rentals, DJ, wedding coordinator, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity is included. Delaware has no sales tax.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: The costs at Baywood Greens breakdown as follows:
- Use of the ceremony garden for the rehearsal and the ceremony (time is dependent on the events taking place that day)
- Setup and breakdown of white ceremony chairs and other necessary tables
- Keyboardist to play while the guests are being seated, bridal songs and the recessional
- Limited décor including a floral arch arrangement and pew bows on the family rows
- Sound system including a lapel microphone for the officiate
- One complimentary round of golf for the couple
- In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will take place in the Windows on the Green Ballroom. They will provide an arch for the ballroom and an aisle runner down the center of the dance floor.
Optional Extras for Your Ceremony (price per guest):
- Fresh fruit or botanically infused water station: $2
- Fresh brewed iced tea and homemade lemonade station: $2
- Bloody Mary and mimosa station: $6
- Butlered champagne: $4
- Butlered beer and wine: $7
- Assorted tea sandwiches: Shrimp salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad and cucumber with cream cheese spread: $65 per 100 pieces
- Cherry tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil and balsamic reduction skewer: $125 per 100 pieces
- Popcorn, pretzels and homemade Old Bay potato chips: $4
- Assorted pastries: $5
- Assorted mini-sweets: Mini cupcakes, mini keylime pies, chocolate mousse cups, mini cannoli, chocolate covered strawberries, mini parfaits: $8
OUTDOOR COCKTAIL HOUR:
FOR THE PAVERS
- 10 tall bistro tables with linens
- 4 low bistro tables with linens
- 2 pop-up tents
- Stationary hors d’oeuvres display
- Outdoor bar
- Satellite kitchen Setup and breakdown
- PRICE: $2,000
FOR THE VERANDAH
- Complete use of the covered verandah overlooking ceremony garden and 18th green available to your guests during the ceremony and cocktail hour
- Use of all verandah tables and chairs (18 low tables and 8 tall bistro tables)
- Stationary hors d’oeuvres display
- Use of the verandah bar
- Setup and breakdown
- PRICE: $8,000
Food: You may opt to choose one of their wedding packages (Gold, Platinum, or Diamond), which range from $95-$115 per guest (gratuity included) depending on your entree choices and other accompaniments. Outside of these packages you may also choose to create a custom menu with the chef based on what your ideal meal/coursing is.
Beverage: There is a bartender fee of $25 per hour, per bartender for all bar options. The minimum recommendation is 1 bartender per 75 guests. Their bar packages range from $38/pp for beer and wine) to $46/pp for Standard open bar (IE: Svedka Vodka, Jose Cuervo Tequila) and $56/pp for the Premium open bar (IE: Grey Goose, Johnny Walker Black). You can also opt to do a consumption bar, with drinks ranging from for $5/each for craft and imported beer and $8/each for premium drinks.
What’s Included: Chairs, tables, linens, serveware, on-site planners. You may rent different chairs or additional items if you are looking for a style or color other than what they offer.
Extras: Events are typically for 5 1/2 hours (30 minutes for ceremony, 1 for cocktail hour and 4 for reception). Additional hours can be purchased for $500 room rental per hour and any applicable food, beverage, or gratuity.
Vendors: Baywood must provide all food, beverage and floral arrangements ($65 minimum per centerpiece). Any vendors in any other aspect of the wedding are permitted. Because they do not have a pastry chef on site they do allow outside vendors for the cake.
Space Type: Inside/Outside. The ceremonies take place in their ceremony garden which overlooks the 18th green. You may also have your cocktail hour in this space or on the verandah, which overlooks the ceremony garden and 18th green.
Size: The ballroom can seat 220 guests with their dancefloor
Rain Plan? Yes. The venue uses a state-of-the-art weather system to track nearby storms. If one will prevent your ceremony from being outside it will take place in the ballroom instead and your ceremony fee will be refunded.
Bridal Suite: Yes
Parking: Yes. You may also hire their valet for $1 per guest
How Will Grandma Get There? Baywood Greens is located about 20 minutes from Rehoboth Beach, where out-of-town guests would most likely want to stay at hotels such as the Bellmoor Inn and Spa or the Hotel Rehoboth.
Party On! Events may go until 1:00 a.m.
Founded in 1962, Baywood Greens is a full-service golf club that is open to the public (if you’re a golf fan, the course is consistently rated one of the highest in the state). The course is noted for the over 200,000 flowers, plants, shrubs, and trees that are throughout the playing area.
Woman Getting Married Says:
The events planners there get rave reviews from brides, which is always a nice and reassuring sign. While the grounds are gorgeous, the ballroom does have a typical ballroom feel, which you’re either a fan of or not. I personally wish ALL ballrooms would get rid of carpet, but I’m not sure that will ever happen! I would allocate a small portion of your budget towards upgrading their standard upholstered chairs (and opting for ghost wedding chairs or gold Chivari chairs, like pictured above) to transform it. All in all, the grounds definitely have a “destination wedding” feel, which is a huge plus for brides looking for a lush atmosphere to get married in without leaving the states!