(949) 248-1586 View their website
Average Base Cost: $23,000
Average base cost for a Franciscan Gardens wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for a Saturday reception in high season including catering/beverage costs from 24 carrots (detailed below), and tables, chairs, serveware, and other items provided by the venue also listed below. Transportation to venue, entertainment, furniture rentals, decorations, DJ, and photography are not included. Average price includes gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
How it breaks down:
Peak Season (April-October)
- Monday-Thursday: $4,150
- Friday and Sunday: $4,650
- Saturday: $5,500 (Note: On Saturdays in peak season and holiday weekends, a $10,000 minimum for catering is required)
Off-Peak Season (November -March)
- Monday-Thursday: $1,150
- Friday and Sunday: $1,650
- Saturday: $2,150
- 6 hours of event time (additional time can be added to your event for $300 per additional hour)
- The use of Bridal Suite and Groom’s Lounge
- Café string lighting, lamp-post lighting around the courtyard, white mini‐string lights draped in the trees surrounding the courtyard
- China, glassware, and flatware included for dining, coffee station, and cake
- Two (2) 6’ft dark wood bar fronts
- Set‐up and clean‐up of all the tables, chairs and Franciscan Gardens, LLC‐owned items
- Services of the on‐site Venue & Event Manager and Assistant Venue & Event Manager (Note: these are not wedding coordinators)
- Exclusive use of the site
- 1‐hour wedding rehearsal time slot
- Honey oak Chivari chairs with cushions for up to 200 guests
- (25) 60” Round dining tables for up to 200 guests (60” round tables that seat 8 ‐ 10 guests each)
- (4) 36” Round High Cocktail Tables
- (1) 48” Round Cake Table
- (5) 8’ft and (5) 6’ft tables for various uses (guest book, gifts, head table, etc.)
- Two (2) Black Wrought‐Iron Arches – Steeple & Curved archways ‐ (for use in ceremony, reception décor, etc.)
- One (1) Large Bronze Floor Easel
- On‐Site Security Guard during your event (4 hour timeframe)
Food and Beverage: You must use the in-house catering company, 24 Carrots. Meal prices range from $33-$50, with additional per person charges for stations, wedding cake*, and desserts. Full bar service ranges from $25-$37 per person. Server charges are extra, such as 1 server per 15 guests at $30/hour for plated meals and $35 per hour for each bartender (industry standard is to have 1 bartender per 50 guests). You will also need an Event Captain ($35/hour) and Event Chef ($30/hour) and possibly more staff depending on your event size.
NOTE: You do not have to use 24 carrots for your wedding cake.
Here’s a sample breakdown of your food/beverage and staff charges for a 6-hour, 125 person wedding using their top-tier options:
Event Captain: $210
Plus 8% sales tax and 20% service charge=$16,750
Space Type: Outside
Size: Up to 200
Bridal Suite: Yes. Their are suites for both Brides and Groom
Parking: There is a parking garage located next to Franciscan Gardens
Food Service Type: Your choice.
How Will Grandma Get There? There are a couple lower-end hotels located near downtown San Juan Capistrano. However, if you want more options it’s best to look closer to Capistrano Beach and Dana Point.
Party On! Events end at midnight.
Located in historic San Juan Capistrano, Franciscan Gardens is an outdoor garden courtyard venue that is owned by the Southern California catering company 24 Carrots. The courtyard is off a main street but is walled in by tall trees and flowers, with a pergola and fountain located within.
Woman Getting Married Says:
My biggest qualm with courtyard wedding venues is that you are typically limited in how you can layout both a ceremony and reception. While I’m not a fan of tents, at least in an actual garden/lawn-setting you have the option of having one, versus a courtyard where a tent would be stifling and defeat the purpose of having a garden courtyard wedding in the first place. Which brings us to the Franciscan Gardens as a wedding venue…While the courtyard is lovely and you can make it look however you want with vintage furniture rentals and additional flowers, having both a ceremony and reception here could be tricky, as you would be in the same area for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Even if you are just having a reception I would be concerned with the chance of not only rain but wind. Considering what’s included in the venue rental fee (even in peak season) the price isn’t crazy, but when you consider the space you’re getting it starts to feel that way.