When you ask a friend to be in your wedding, you’re asking them for a huge commitment. Of course it’s an honor, but it’s also a lot of work: in addition to attending the wedding and the rehearsal, they’ll also be at the bridal shower and bachelorette party, which means gifts and new gowns galore. Being a bridesmaid isn’t always a walk in the park, which is why it’s a sweet idea to give your girls bridesmaid gifts!
Often, brides will opt to give their girls (or guys!) a small gift of appreciation at the rehearsal dinner or before the wedding. While they certainly don’t need to be fancy or expensive, bridesmaid gifts great way to show your appreciation. Here’s a few ideas we like.
1. Jewelry they can wear at the ceremony can make for great bridesmaid gifts. Kate Spade has a ton of cute options, but if you’re looking for something a tad more affordable, there’s a ton of Etsy jewelry shops. Find a simple bracelet or monogrammed necklace that your girls can rock on the big day but also enjoy afterwards.
2. Matching robes are huge right now—but make sure you get comfortable ones that do more than look cute in a photo! You can go girly with flowered kimonos or snug with plush bathrobes.
3. Want to go a touch more casual? We love these jammies! Monogrammed shorts would be cozy to lounge in that morning and make for great pictures.
4. If you want your girls to be super comfortable while getting ready, how about flannel? This would be so cute for a fall or winter wedding.
5. Speaking of comfort, slippers always make for nice bridesmaid gifts, and she’ll definitely appreciate them after a day spent in high heels. Fill them with some cute nail polish or bubble bath.
6. On a budget? Target’s dollar section usually has a few adorable notebooks. Pick up a few journals and write letters of gratitude to each of your girls.
7. Tote bags are both cute and purposeful. Have them personalized with each girl’s name instead of the word “bridesmaid” so they’ll be able to take it to the beach next summer, too.
8. Personalized Starbucks cups would be so fun for a coffee loving group of girls! You can even get them in your wedding colors.
9. These mugs are a gorgeous, simple DIY project. They’d also be great for those getting ready photos you’ve been dreaming of. We love the simplicity of just the first letter of their name.
10. If your group of girls is a fun-loving bunch, these koozies made us smile. Get them personalized with your own bridesmaid’s dresses and each girl’s monogram.
11. On that note, who says boozy gifts are just for groomsmen? These minibar in a jar gifts are awesome! Fill each one with your girls’ liquor of choice.
12. These makeup bags are gorgeous! Get them personalized with your wedding colors and give your girls an easy way to bring their makeup to the wedding for touchups. Slip in a note about how much you appreciate them and a simple beauty tool, like chapsticck. Plus, travel makeup bags will always come in handy in the future. Bonus points.
13. Being a bridesmaid can be stressful, so treat your girls to a pedicure in a jar. They deserve some pampering too! Make labels with your wedding colors and include fun pedicure items like polish, a file, and a foot scrub.
TRENDING NOW: How to Plan an Epic Nashville Bachelorette Party
14. A picture frame to hold a group getting ready picture would be fun! Otherwise, you could fill it with a picture from the bachelorette party.
15. At the end of the day, a gift card is always appreciated. Write your girls each a nice note with a cute card and include a gift card to their favorite store or coffee shop. It may not be the most Pinterest-worthy, but it will definitely be appreciated!
No matter what you gift your girls, just keep it genuine. Sometimes the fancy hangers can feel like a gift for the bride’s photographer instead of your best friend. Think of what your girls would most appreciate and go from there. Show them some love—after all, they’ll be the ones holding your dress while you pee and keeping the dance floor rocking!
Being a bridesmaid comes with a lot of responsibility (and fun!). Read our 12 Rules Ever Bridesmaid Should Live By before you walk down that aisle.