4 Grove Isle Drive
Miami, FL 33133-4125
Average Base Cost: $27,000
Average base cost for a Grove Isle wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for a Saturday night ceremony/reception including food and beverage as well as furniture and linens using the venue’s all-inclusive wedding package (with no additional add-ons). Transportation to venue, entertainment, additional decorations, and flowers are not included. Average price includes gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
How it Breaks Down
Ceremony Fee: $1,500 for lower pool deck. Lower-priced option includes the Fire Pit for $500
Grove Isle’s Wedding Package includes:
- One-Hour Cocktail Reception with one hour open bar
- 6 Butler passed hors d’oeuvres
- Four Course Dinner
- Champagne Toast
- Wine Service with Dinner
- Four Hour Open Bar (plus the one above)
- Complimentary Suite for the Bride and Groom
- Discounted hotel rates for wedding guests
Equipment included in package is:
- Cocktail Tables for the Reception
- 72″ Round Tables for the Dinner
- White Floor Length Linens and White Napkins
- Hotel Parquet Dance Floor, Staging Up to 12X32
- Hotel 60″ or 72″ Round Banquet Tables
- Hotel Banquet Chairs (They will rent Chivari chairs for your for $4/each, which isn’t a terrible price. I would make the upgrade if you can.)
- 6 Butler Passed Hors d’oeuvres, such as Beef Carpaccio with Roasted Portabella, Parmesan, and Thyme
- 1 Appetizer, such as Blue Crab Cakes with a Tropical Mango Relish, Avocado,Pineapple-Citrus Frisee
- 1 Salad, such as Steakhouse Iceberg Wedge Roquefort with Grape Tomatoes, Red Onion, Bacon
- Entree (see below)
- Choice of two sides, such as Cranberry Almond Quinoa and Root Vegetable Fondants
- Wedding Cake ($5.00 per person cake cutting fee will apply to any outside cakes brought in)
- Coffee, teas
Your total price per person will depend on your entree selection. Examples include:
$155: Herb Crusted Salmon with Spring Onion, Fava, Fingerling & Mushroom Fricassee, Truffle Lemon Jus Soy
$215: Beef Filet & Sea Bass with Crushed Yukon, Braised Leeks, Glazed Carrots,Roasted Asparagus, Sauce Bordelaise, Ver Jus
- For a sit down dinner, you may give your guests a choice of 2 entrées. You will need to have your guests preselect and supply the Hotel with the count 5 days prior tothe dinner, as well as place cards indicating the entrée selection for each guest.
- Add-ons to the standard package include stations (such as a Paella one for $18/pp), and upgraded appetizers
- Premium bar package is included, with spirits such as Absolut and Jack Daniels. House wines are also included and there is service during dinner.
- A ‘super premium’ upgrade is available for an additional $15/pp, with brands such as Grey Goose and Chivas
- Champagne toast included (they currently offer Kenwood Sparkling Wine…which just sounds like it’s ‘meh’. I would ask if you can do a prosecco or something comparable in price)
- You can opt to extend your bar past the 5-hour included limit for an additional $12/per person per hour
- If you want additional bartenders, it will cost you $100.00/per bartender for 5 hours and $25.00 for every hour afterwards. See what they offer you. Typically venues say 1 bartender for every 75 guests, but I think if you’re having a full-bar you need 2. There’s nothing worse than a line at a bar!
- There is a 10 p.m. outside noise ordinance. After that, music can be moved inside.
Space Type: Inside/Outside options, such as poolside, lower pool deck. ship’s deck, and the ballroom. You can see a floor plan here. Private poolside receptions run an extra $700, and have to start after 8 p.m. in the summer, and 6 p.m. in the winter.
Size: From 25-200 depending on location choice. 100 people minimum required for a Saturday night.
Food Service Type: Buffet/seated options
How Will Grandma Get There? There are 50 guest rooms available at the Grove Isle Hotel. There are several other hotel options close by as well, such as the lower-priced Hampton Inn
Note: Rooms at the Grove Isle Hotel range from $240 and up
More additions: A farewell brunch is available the next morning for $42/pp
Grove Isle is a private island in Coconut Grove, FL (Miami) that has three apartment buildings as well as a hotel, restaurant, spa, and other resort-like amenitities (such as pools and tennis courts). The island, which encompasses about twenty acres, is right in Biscayne Bay, and has gorgeous views of downtown Miami and of the miles of water around you. The island is accessible via a small bridge, so it’s very easy to get to. Coconut Grove, if you’re not familiar with it, is about 10-15 minutes from South Beach, and is very “Old Florida,” with palms, marinas, and old spanish houses.
Woman Getting Married Says
I have a soft-spot for Grove Isle because I actually grew up there! Tough childhood, I know. Coconut Grove is really my favorite part of Miami, because it’s SO green and it’s on the gorgeous Biscayne Bay and you’re not far from anything. The hotel and restaurant on the island have been through a TON of incarnations over the years, and they still seem to be getting their footing. You cannot beat the views, especially at sunset. If it were me, I would opt for a wedding outside (they have rain backup plans) on the Ship’s Deck (which can accommodate over 150 people). They have a more traditional ballroom, but I just have a serious hatred of hotel ballrooms…I cannot STAND that carpeting. I really hope they decide to do away with it and make it into something cooler. The space has so much potential. I *heard* that they have been negotiating prices, so don’t be afraid to tell them what your ideal per person budget is. Compared to prices I’ve seen around Miami, this venue is pretty much in the right ballpark for what you’re getting. However, heed my advice above and negotiate!!!
See more photos from this wedding here
Hopefully one day they’ll make the ballroom look more like the restaurant…