If your wedding style is romantic, casual, or ethereal, you might want to consider a gorgeous hairstyle with braids. And the best thing about these wedding hairstyles? Most of the time they are easy to DIY, which can end up saving you a few hundreds dollars in the long run! All you need is the confidence to do it yourself as well as a few test runs.
Below are a few crucial tips from stylist Jess at Polish and Pout, who put together the gorgeous braided wedding hairstyle and instructions, below.
From Polish and Pout:
The best thing about braids is their versatility. Whether it’s a trip to the gym or a walk down the aisle, the style is a definite staple! A few small adjustments up the elegance factor on this tried and true look. Consider it a new twist on an old classic.
1. Braids are better when you start with curled hair! The curls lend great texture and volume. Curl hair and load up on texturizing spray!
2. Tease the entire crown on your head, several layers of teasing is best, then smooth over the top.
3. Section the front on either side of your head. The larger center portion will be the braid.
4. Braid the length of your hair into a classic 3 stranded braid and secure with hair tie.
5. Pull either side of the hair along the length of the braid, loosening it. This expands the braid and gives it more of a relaxed deconstructed look.
6. Take the front left section you set aside and twist it over the right side of the braid and wrap it around. Secure the twist underneath the braid with a bobby pin (or 2!).
7. Repeat on the other side. Now you have two layers of twists above your lovely braid.
8. Pull out strategic face framing hairs.
9. Set with hairspray.
10. Tuck the end of the braid and pin so that you don’t see the hair tie! You can hide the pin from the underneath in the braid!