Full disclosure: This was not on my must-have list. The ol’ hubby kept pining away for one of these, and I kind of thought it was crazy to have anybody spend this much on a thermometer. But, lo and behold…it’s now a kitchen staple for us. Allegedly, hubby said our previous one, an “old-timey” instant read dial thermometer, was a “piece of $hit,” and nothing could be cooked properly with it. I started believing him when he made a pork tenderloin that tasted like track shoes. So, we got this one and it seems to work great. If your future husband is half as into grilling as mine is, I suggest you add this to the list so you can get those nice sheets you’ve been dreaming of.Digital Thermometer Pen $99.95 Buy it here Product Details:
Check temperatures of foods and liquids with split-second accuracy – and avoid having to stand over a hot oven or grill. Approved by the National Science Foundation, this compact unit instantly reads temperatures from -40°F (-40°C) to 450°F (230°C) with scientific precision.
- Shock-resistant thermometer features a thermocouple microtip probe, a high-contrast LCD display and automatic power saving after five minutes of inactivity.
- A simple pivot turns the unit on or off, and temperatures can be displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Backed by a Factory Calibration Certificate that guarantees performance.
- Uses three AAA batteries (included).
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.