Unless you’re planning on baking as much as the Barefoot Contessa, you really don’t need one of those fancy stand mixers. Sure, they’re pretty in red and pink…but they take up SO much counter-space, and you can get the job done with a hand mixer. Plus, by not registering for $250 mixer, it allows you to get something else nice that you’ll actually use.
After researching Consumer Reports (yes, I know I’m a dork), I discovered this is apparently the best one on the market. And, it’s only $44! Cha-ching.
PRICE: $44 (on Amazon)
Thanks to its powerful 220-watt motor with automatic feedback, this convenient hand blender can take on almost any mixing task–from whipped cream to dense cookie dough. The unit shifts speeds with just one touch and offers seven speed options. It also comes equipped with an exclusive swivel cord, which allows for either right- or left-handed use, and extra-long beaters that have no center posts, making cleanup a snap either by hand or in the dishwasher. Accessories include a spatula and an instruction/recipe book for getting started. Durably built and sporting a chrome-plated Cuisinart logo band, the hand mixer measures approximately 8 by 3-3/4 by 5-3/4 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
- Hand blender with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback
- 7 speed options; slide control easily shifts speeds with a single touch
- Swivel cord; extra-long dishwasher-safe beaters; beater-eject lever
- Spatula and instruction/recipe book included
- Measures approximately 8 by 3-3/4 by 5-3/4 inches; 3-year limited warranty