Malibu, California 90265
(818) 889-6280 View their website
Average Base Cost: $30,000
Average base cost for a Calamigos Ranch wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list on a Saturday night using their standard food package with an upgrade to a 5-hour full bar and passed hors d’oeuvres. Transportation to venue, coordinator, wedding cake, flowers, entertainment, photographer and clergy not included. Average price includes gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
How it breaks down:
There are four locations available at Calamigos Ranch for your wedding. Each ceremony site has an accompanying banquet hall with stone fireplaces (detailed where applicable below).
The Garden Patio
- Reception takes place in the Main Dining Room
- Up to 280 guests
The Ranch House
- Up to 140 guests
- Ceremonies take place in the meadow and reception in the Ranch House
The Cottage Pavillion
- Ceremonies are held under the Oak tree and reception in the Pavillion
- Up to 500 guests
- Ceremonies take place on the deck and reception site is across the pond
- Up to 180 guests
Facility Rental Fee:
(Prices listed are for 2015 and are the same for each venue location)
- 85- 150 guests: $121.00
- 151-250 guests: $119.00
- 251-400 guests: $117.00
- Saturday evenings and Holiday Sundays are an additional $10.00 per person
The standard wedding package at Calamigos Ranch includes:
- Site rental and setup for both your ceremony and reception areas
- All tables, chairs & linens, glassware, silverware and china including choice of linen colors for the tablecloths and napkins.
- For your ceremony, a white aisle runner and setup of garden chairs is provided.
- Dressing areas for both the bride & groom are available two (2) hours prior to the ceremony.
- Complimentary valet.
- Cake cutting and service.
- Food and Beverage (details below)
Standard package includes:
- One dinner salad
- Choice of two entrees
- One vegetarian option
Caesar Salad, Hearts of Romaine, Parmesan, Lemon, Herb Crouton with Roasted Garlic Dressing Mediterranean Salad, Gem Lettuces, Arugula, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Red Onion, Olives, Feta Cheese, Spicy Chickpeas, Yogurt-Lemon Dressing Baby Farm Lettuces, Fresh Herbs, Tomato, Green Onion, Parmesan with Lemon and Acacia Honey Dressing
Roasted Chicken Breast, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, French Beans, Garlic and Rosemary Jus
Scottish Salmon, Grilled Asparagus, Olive Oil Roasted Potatoes, Carrot-Ginger Sauce
Roasted Prime Rib with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Lemon Asparagus, Crispy Onions with Horseradish Sauce and Au Jus
Pecan Crusted Chicken, Wild Mushrooms, Rice Pilaf with Sherry Sauce
Seared Karabuta Pork Chop on Parmesan Polenta, Rice Pilaf with Sherry Sauce
Grilled Polenta Cakes with Wild Mushroom and Tomato Ragu with Baby Heirloom Vegetables
Artichoke Agnolotti, Wild Mushrooms, Baby Arugula, Goat Cheese, White Wine Sauce, Micro Herbs
Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms, Quinoa, Spinach, Side of Lemon Broccolini
Grilled Broccolini, Romesco Sauce, Saffron Rice and Vegetable Timable
Baked Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese, Garlic Bread Crumbs, Fresh Herbs
Roasted Organic Vegetables, Red Curry Coconut Broth, Sea Salt, Baby Herbs
- Additional salads and entrees are available for an additional $2/pp or $6/pp
- A selection of 3 passed hors d’oeuvres are available for $10.75/pp
- The package includes three (3) hours of unlimited beer, wine, champagne and soda service. Also includes orange juice, iced tea, coffee, decaf and hot tea. (Additional hours available at $5.00 per person / Cash bar available with $375.00 bartender fee)
- Full service wait staff and bartender
- Top-shelf premium spirits, liqueurs, cordials, juices, mixers & all the garnishes
- $18/pp for two (2) hours
- $25/pp for (3) hours
- Additional hours at $9 per guest
- Champagne toast: $2.50/pp
Additional wedding package upgrades include:
- Chiavari chairs $4 per chair
- Outdoor heat lamps $50 each
- Ferris wheel lights $675
- Ferris wheel rental $2500
- Merry Go Round $675
Fabric Draping & Tent Swagging:
- The Pavilion Tent: $950
- Main Dining Room: $550 ($950 for 2 rooms)
- The Ranch House: (w/lights) $325
Space Type: Inside/Outside
Size: 75-500 guests
Bridal Suite: The bridal suite may be used for up to 2 hours before your ceremony. After that it will be in use by other brides getting married on the grounds.
Parking: Yes. Valet is included.
Food Service Type: Buffet or seated
How Will Grandma Get There? Calamigos Ranch is located about 50 minutes from Santa Monica (25 miles) and 36 miles from LAX airport. Out-of-town guests would most likely want to stay in Malibu or Santa Monica, where there are more hotel options. Given that the venue is located a bit out of the way for some guests, you might want to consider hiring a shuttle as well.
Party On! The bar must close at 11 p.m. and the event must end by 11:30
Established in 1947 by Grant and Helen Walter Gerson, Calamigos Ranch began with a focus on health and wellness in Malibu Wine Country. The property, which now encompasses 130 acres, was rebuilt and restored by their son Glen and his wife Mon-Li Gerson as a special events location. Today, the food at Calamigos Ranch is farm to table, and the venue sources ingredients from their own garden as well as local farmers.
Woman Getting Married Says:
If you’re the type of bride who wants as few choices as possible, then a wedding package is definitely the way to go. I’m personally a fan of them (one of my favorite wedding packages is available at Latrobe’s in New Orleans), especially if they’re straight-forward and easy-to-follow. The wedding package at Calamigos Ranch is fairly simple, and hopefully my breakdown above can help you figure out total cost. Overall (and especially since I’ve been writing about New York City wedding venues!), their price per person is pricey but definitely not outrageous considering there is no additional venue fee. You also have options to make it less expensive than the base cost I have listed above if you stick with their beer/wine bar and cut out the appetizers. However, I think IF you have the budget you should definitely have a full bar and apps at your wedding, or save money in other areas to help get you there. If you don’t, I would definitely consider a less expensive venue that would allow you to have both!
While it’s great to have several venue options at one property like Calamigos Ranch does, one thing to keep in mind is that the Ranch can have up to four weddings going on at the various locations at or around the same time. That might not bother some of your brides, but it could be a deal-breaker for those who worry about feeling like they’re part of a wedding factory. You should also keep in mind that some locations will be more high-heel friendly than others, so I would be sure to get a feel for what kind of atmosphere you’re looking for when you scope out this venue. I’m personally a fan of the Garden Patio location, though they all offer something unique.