Average Base Cost: $18,000Average base cost for a Dixon Gallery and Gardens wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list for a Saturday night wedding using the venue’s garden ceremony and reception options and standard catering and beverage costs of $100/pp. Transportation to venue, entertainment, decor, tents, and flowers are not included. Average price includes gratuity and state sales tax. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
How it Breaks Down:
- $4,500.00 for a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner only (ten hours of time), or
- $5,000.00 for a garden ceremony* and reception (twelve hours of time).
Where that money is going…
- $1,000.00 Sustainer Level Membership.
- $3,500.00 Hughes Pavilion rental for any ten hours of time between 10:00 am and 12:00 am for a reception or rehearsal dinner only, or
- $4,000.00 Hughes Pavilion rental for any twelve hours of time between 10:00 am and 12:00 am for a ceremony and reception.
- Rental times include time needed for set up and clean up.
Founded in 1976 by Hugo and Margaret Dixon, the Dixon Gallery and Gardens is an art museum and public garden. The museum holds a large collection of French and American Impressionist paintings, and the gardens are situated on 17 acres.
Woman Getting Married Says:
We looked at nearly all the possible wedding venues in Memphis, and this is the only one I would have considered. The event coordinator was extremely nice, which I think is important since you’ll be dealing with them so much. The grounds are very pretty, and the indoor event space was definitely workable. The size was a problem for us, however, since we want to have over 100 people seated. If you’re looking for a venue in Memphis, and the size works for you, I definitely recommend this place!