300 Green Gate Rd,
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
View their website
Average Base Cost: $35,000
Our average base cost for a Greengate Ranch and Vineyard wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list using the Signature Greengate Package and a food/beverage cost of $125/pp. Keep in mind this average cost includes accommodations for up to 26 people. Entertainment, flowers, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax is included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee: The cost for just the site (not including accommodations) is $12,000 (available Sunday-Thursday). However, their 2016 wedding packages will include accommodations for up to 26 people and seem like a better deal!
The Wedding Escape Weekend $21,200
- Includes 3 nights in each of the 3 homes during wedding season (May-October)
The Signature Greengate Package $19,400
- Includes 2 nights in each of the 3 homes during wedding season (May – October)
The Wedding Escape Weekend $18,800
- Includes 3 nights in each home during wedding season (November – April)
The Signature Greengate Package $16,600
- Includes 2 nights in each home during wedding season (November – April)
Wedding Site only $12,000
- No accommodations included, only offered Sunday – Thursday
- Two or three nights stay in their three vacation homes, hosting 26 persons on-site
- On-site Events Manager for the wedding day
- (24) – 60” round tables
- (4) – 8’ banquet tables
- (4) – 6’ banquet tables
- 150 wood folding chairs w/ ivory padding
- 14 Wine barrels
- 2 toppers for wine barrel bars
- Bistro string lighting in barn courtyard
- Signature GGR&V fire pits
- Plenty of electricity
- Ample on-site guest parking
- Handicap accessibility
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- On-site prep kitchen for catering
- Access to all property amenities and activities for reserved time
- Engagement photo session by your photographer, please schedule in advance
- Preferred vendor list of vendors
- Permanent restrooms available for guests
- Flat screen HDTV with USB & HDMI compatibility
Food/Beverage: You are welcome to choose vendors not on their preferred vendor list, but all caterers and coordinators must be approved and have met all applicable requirements prior to your event (signed vendor agreement, insurance, ServSafe certificate & vendor orientation). You may supply your own alcohol, but beer, wine and liquor must be served by a licensed bartender and/or caterer.
Space Type: Outside
Size: Up to 500 people (150 in the barn)
Bridal Suite: Yes (this would be your room)
How Will Grandma Get There? The Ranch can accommodate up to 26 people in it’s three houses, one of which is a 6,000 square foot home with 360 degree views of the vineyards and the Seven Sisters mountain range. The Carriage House is a three bedroom two bath home with a great room. The Ranch is 5 minutes from the San Luis Obispo Airport, 10 minutes from the beaches (Avila, Shell & Pismo), 7 minutes to downtown San Luis Obispo, and 10 minutes to the village of Arroyo Grande. They have partnered with Dolphin Bay Resort to offer a special rate to wedding guests not staying on the property.
Party On! Amplified music must be turned off by 10 p.m.
Greengate Ranch and Vineyard was built in the 1800s as a dairy farm. It’s best known, however, as being a horse facility under past owners Jay and Dorothy Stream, who bred Arabian horses alongside frequent partner Wayne Newton. In 2012 the property passed hands and went to John Wilson, who refurbished the property as a vacation retreat/event venue and planted 70 acres of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir vineyards. It still welcomes horses in it’s “world-class” horse training arenas. Construction of a new Vineyard Cottage in 2015 is expected to accommodate up to 6 adults and increase on site accommodations to 26 guests on-site (as detailed in the 2016 Wedding Packages, above).
Woman Getting Married Says:
I really like how you’ll be able to accommodate up to 26 guests on the property, and that you can hold multiple events here (rehearsal dinner, brunch, etc.). They also have a lot of included items to get you started (tables, chairs, etc.), and having an on-site kitchen is great for your caterer. Being so close to hotels and other attractions/areas is also a big plus for guests. The curfew is the biggest con, but I would consider having an after-party at a nearby bar with your friends instead (such as The Boardroom for beers or Harry’s Nightclub for music). UPDATE: Or better yet, you can have an after party at the Ranch House (thanks for the shout-out in the comments section, Corinne)! While you can’t have a DJ you can use the house’s sound system. We love that!