172 Norfolk St,
New York, NY 10002
View their website
Average Base Cost: $52,000
Our average base cost for an Angel Orensanz Foundation wedding is calculated by figuring a 125-person guest list on a Saturday evening and a food/beverage catering price of $200/pp. Entertainment, flowers, chairs, tables, additional decorations and rentals, transportation, and photography are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand. Gratuity and sales tax included.
*Prices subject to change
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee:
- Up to 130 guests: $18,800
- Up to 200 guests: $19,800
- Up to 250 guests: $20,800
Fridays and Sundays:
- Up to 130 guests: $17,800
- Up to 200 guests: $18,800
- Up to 250 guests: $19,800
Monday through Thursday:
- Up to 130 guests: $14,800
- Up to 200 guests: $15,800
- Up to 250 guests: $16,800
- Wedding ceremony only is $6,000 any day between 8:00 am and 11:30 am.
- Prices listed above vary on holidays.
- Access to the venue from 12:00 pm until 12:00 pm, to include the following venue areas:
- Main Space
- Downstairs assembly room
- 6 Bathrooms (Two on each level, each with two stalls)
- Bridal suite with private bathroom
- Caterer’s area
- Sanitation area
- Security Guard
- Heat and air conditioning
- Infrastructural Sound System (See description below)
- State of the art LED lighting throughout the space
- Lighting designer and sound engineer (available for consultation and production on day of event)
- Parking facilities and valet parking referrals
- The venue offers furniture and equipment for rental
- For events with more than 250 guests, there is a charge of $500 per every 50 guest
- There is a charge of $2,000 for each additional hour after 11:30 p.m. on any given day, not to exceed 1:00 a.m.
- Electricity usage is charged at $200 per day
Vendors: Outside vendors are allowed
Space Type: Inside
Size: For a sit down dinner and dance floor the main level can accommodate up to 260 guests. For an informal reception the space accommodates up to 300 guests. The mezzanine level can accommodate an additional 200 guests.
Bridal Suite: Yes
How Will Grandma Get There? The Angel Orensanz Foundation is located in the Lower East Side of Manhattan where there are a ton of funky hotel options, from boutique to high-end. One of our favorites is the Bowery Hotel.
Party On! Events must end by midnight, or by 1:00 a.m. for an additional fee. However music must end and bars must close by 11:00 p.m.
Built in 1849, the building was originally the Ansche Chesed Synagogue and is considered to be the oldest reformed Synagogue in the United States. The Angel Orensanz Foundation for the Arts was established in 1992 as an “artistic and cultural resource open to artists, writers, thinkers and leaders from all over the world,” with artists such as Philip Glass, Spike Lee, Arthur Miller, Maya Angelou and Chuck Close among others working with the foundation over the years. The Foundation was closed to fix structural issues but is now re-open.
You can see the venue layout here.
Woman Getting Married Says:
I went to a wedding here waaaaay back in 2000 and it was amazing even back then. What’s great is that a lot of the lighting is already set up there to create a seriously magical space (though you can change the color/vibe of the room even more with some uplighting). The wedding I went to had the ceremony on the stage, then we were all escorted to the front area that had dividers put up so as not to see the team switching the room from ceremony to reception. While that’s one option I also like the idea of having the cocktail hour in the mezzanine space as well with some draping to create what feels like a completely different space.