Ojai Valley Inn & Spa905 Country Club Rd Ojai, CA 93023
(805) 646-1111 Visit their website
Average Cost: $55,000
*Average cost for THIS venue is calculated by figuring a 150-person guest list for a Saturday night wedding for 6 hours with the venue’s $4,000 ceremony fee, food minimums for the Anacapa Ballroom with average catering costs ($250/pp) factored in, tax and gratuity. Transportation to venue, entertainment, decorations, flowers, tents, etc. are not included. Price is rounded up to the nearest thousand.
How it breaks down:
Facility Rental Fee:
Ceremony Fee: $4,000 for a ceremony at the Event Lawn, Herb Garden, Big Red Barn, Hacienda Courtyard, Villa Casa Blanca, or the Artist Cottage Lawn.
Ceremony Fee Includes:
- White Garden Chairs
- Sound System
- Guest Book Table
- Gift Table
- Bellman To Deliver Your Gifts
- Signature Spa Ojai Citrus and Cucumber Water Station
NOTE: All reception areas are priced for 5 hours, with a charge of $750 per hour over that
Anacapa Ballroom (220 guests max):
- Sunday – Friday Evening ~ $20,000 food & beverage minimum for 100 guests with an additional $175 per person over that.
- Saturday Evening ~ $30,000 food & beverage minimum based for 150 guests with an additional $175 per person over that.
Hacienda Ballroom (350 guest max):
- Sunday – Friday Evening ~ $30,000 food & beverage minimum for 150 guests with an additional $175 per person over that.
- Saturday Evening ~ $45,000 food & beverage minimum for 220 guests with an additional $175 per person over that.
The Herb Garden (60 guests) and Lawn (100-400 guests):
- $2,500 For Dinner / $1,500 For Cocktail Reception
- Available April through October
Big Red Barn (200 guests):
- $3,000 site fee
- Available April through October
- Sunday – Friday Evening ~ $15,000 Food & Beverage Minimum
- Saturday Evening ~ $20,000 Food & Beverage Minimum
Maravilla Private Dining Room (50 guests):
- $500 site fee
- Sunday – Friday Evening ~ $4,000 Food & Beverage Minimum
- Saturday Evening ~ $5,500 Food & Beverage Minimum
- Saturday – Sunday Afternoon ~ $2,500 Food & Beverage Minimum
All Receptions include
- 60”/72” Tables
- Hotel Chairs
- Ivory Tablecloths and Napkins
- White China
- Wine and Champagne Glasses
- 4 Votive Candles Per Table
- Self and Valet Parking
- Event Captain
- 1 Bartender Per 75 Guests
- 1 Server Per 12 Guests for Plated Dinners
- 1 Server Per 25 Guests for Buffets
Based Upon Availability and Specifications:
- Band Staging
- Wood Parquet Dance Floor
- Market Umbrellas
- Bartender (1 per 75 guests required; waived when per bar sales exceed $500): $150 Per 5 Hour Event
- Cake cutting fee (applies to cakes not ordered through the Inn): $7 Per Person
- Chef Attendant (where required or requested) : $150 Per Chef
- Choice of Menu Selection Tableside: $15 Per Person, Per Menu Item
- Labor Charge (Events Over 5 Hours): $750 Per Hour
- Sushi Chef: $400 Per Chef
Space Type: Inside and Outside
Bridal Suite: Most brides opt to stay at the hotel the evening prior to the wedding, so that would be the main changing room available.
Size: 50-400 guests
Food Service Type: Buffet or plated
Party On! Outdoor venues are subject to a 10:00pm curfew. The Anacapa & Hacienda Ballrooms may host private functions until 2am. The Big Red Barn may host private functions until 12am.
How Will Grandma Get There? Guests will most likely want to stay at the Inn, but it is fairly expensive. Expect rates to start around $350 and up. The hotel offers a discounted rate for those couples who reserve a courtesy or contracted block of rooms. Less expensive hotel options for guests include the Emerald Iguana Inn or the Casa Ojai Inn which would be a cab ride away.
The 220-acre hotel was built in 1923 and restored in 2004. It features an award-winning spa, 18-hole golf course (which has hosted seven Senior PGA tournaments), and an 800-acre stable and farm as well as a children’s petting zoo. In addition to four restaurants on the property, there’s a lounge, pool, and tons of outdoor activities such as kayaking, biking, hiking, and tennis. Celebrities such as Kate Walsh and most recently Jimmy Kimmel have hosted their weddings at the Inn.
Woman Getting Married Says:
If you’re looking for a destination retreat for guests coming to your wedding (and you have the budget), the Ojai Valley Inn is a great venue. Your guests can play golf on a championship course (how many men do you think will take advantage of that?!), as well as hiking, biking, an awesome spa, and more. There are also several different venue options to choose from which is always nice, whether you want a ballroom setting or a barn (though considering the fact that the barn is almost two miles away from the property and you would have to arrange a shuttle, I would maybe reconsider that. It might be better for a rehearsal dinner). My favorite venues are the Herb Garden and Lawn for an early ceremony and reception, and the Hacienda Ballroom for a more formal setting. Having a 10 p.m. curfew for the Lawn is a bummer, but if you have an afternoon or earlier wedding it can work. There are a lot of great old-world touches at the Inn, but it’s still fairly modern. I do think you’ll have to spend a bit of money to either dress up a venue such as the Herb Garden or to funk up the Ballroom, but if you have the budget and can afford a planner and cool vintage rentals (and remember a planner is required here), it’s definitely worth visiting. I would also be sure to include less expensive hotel options for guests who might not be able to afford the Inn.